Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-03-2002, 01:13 PM   #1
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Hiya!

I just started playing Icewind dale, and I have just one question. When can I start going on the quests from the expansions (HoW and the other one). When am I strong enough? I don't want it to happen the same as when I was playing BG1 and went to Durlag's Tower in the 3 chapter. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies. [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 03-03-2002, 01:32 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You can't even start HOW until all your characters are level 9 or better (Hjollder will actually tell you to come back when you are more experienced)

The recommended starting limit for ToL is level 12 or better.

One suggestion: Save the game OFTEN. Particularly at the start of every chapter and before every dungeon level change. Don't rely on the auto save. (You can always overwrite the inter-dungeon saves but keep the chapter saves intact until you finish the game). Also save before every major dialogue. That way you can back up and replay if you mess up or the game glitches without having to start from scratch. Again you can overwrite these as needed.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #3
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I know that, but thatnks for the advice.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:05 PM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
I don't want it to happen the same as when I was playing BG1 and went to Durlag's Tower in the 3 chapter. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And How Far Did You Get? Just Out Of Curiosity? Im Surprised That You Even Got To The Entrance With Them Doom Guards Outside!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:38 PM   #5
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I got to the entrance, yes. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It took me a LOOOONG time, but I managed. Hehehe. I turned back then, because I thought it might be too difficult for me just then. [img]smile.gif[/img]