Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2000, 05:06 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I've managed to get to the far side to see Kerah and collect the leprechaun's treasure. I took the obelisk of light placed it on the appropriate pedestle and placed ornamental wosnames on the squares to direct the light down to holy altar. That seems to have done nothing. There are two faces in the back room which appear should activate something but I can't activate them. All of which means that I can't seem to get beyond Kerah's "pond" into the real second sea area. And why does it seem to me that a lot of this game is rather out of sequence? You get a quest from the Mayor in Brinloch Doon that you can't get to until you've done a ton of other things first.
And where are the "living trees" from which I am supposed to get a seed?
Wyv
Old 10-29-2000, 05:57 PM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER SPACE

Hi Wyvern,

Cool name.

Well, you got the Stone of Clover and the Obelisk, thats good since you can't get back to that area once you leave it without a portal and there is nothing left to do there. And for the record, if you go there after going to the second sea, Kerah will be gone.

Those two faces don't do anything that I found...but there may be something to them.

You need to put Anephas's ashes on the Altar, and have the beam of light hit it, then walk up to the Altar and he will resurrect.

When you talk to him, he will open that one door that you couldn't get past, and that will take you to the area with the second sea.

I tried like mad to get there, then realized there was only one way, and that's by bringing Anephas back.

When you get to the new area, you will find some living trees as random monsters. Look like Oakenmir, but aren't nice old trees, but killing them will give you seeds (as well as a ton of experience).

Good luck!

Scronan
Old 10-29-2000, 06:20 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Many thanks!
I had while off line rechecked my light beam and found that one had become misaligned so naturally Anephas didn't revive and tell me anything. Thought perhaps I need to go back to where I saw Kerah but that large square stone won't budge now. That's okay, given what you have told me. I've finished that area. Now to go off and find which door Anephas opened for me!

I've been using this handle since the early 80's. Used to write a lot of walkthroughs, some of which are still floating around the internet - mostly just my Wizardry 6 walkthrough since the rest are so ancient now - who cares?
Old 10-30-2000, 12:05 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Greetings!
Yep, I wrote a walkthru for Wiz 6 complete with ascii maps. Think it took me a month to replay the game and refine my notes and write that walkthru. I see it on various sites here and there generally with my credit line removed. No biggy - the important thing is that it helps someone. There are some old games I wouldn't mind replaying but unfortunately most of them won't even run on my machine. Too bad, there were some great games!
Wyv
Old 10-30-2000, 01:19 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Wyvern

Glad I could help. You wrote a walkthough for Wiz 6? Might be the one I used, but I used them heavily for Wiz 6 and 7.

I just beat this game, without any hints or spoilers at all...a first for me! Maybe I should write a walkthrough...but I think if I play the game again I may scream!

But those old walkthroughs are still good, some of us like to play the old games now and then!

Take it easy

Scronan