Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-31-2003, 03:25 PM   #21
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Let me see..... I walk toward them with the full intention of saying "hi" and walk right past them berrating myself for the sheer cowardice of it all.

When it comes to girls I really wouldn't mind going out with I am unfortunately extremely shy.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-31-2003, 04:01 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk:

Followed up with an 'open' question,
ie "Do you like the band?"
(It's amazing what studies actually get funding these days!)

I hope the study didn't suggest this question or it really would have been wasting that funding. 'Do you like the band' isn't an open question as it can be answered with yes or no. 'What do you think of the band' is an open question [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 04:11 PM   #23
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

now that I think about it. I really think that open ended question thing is gold. thinking about it now, I realized that a lot of the times I was successful, it actually was using that format. Go figure.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:43 PM   #24
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Depends if I'm sober or not. If I haven't been drinking, I'll go up to her, say "hey, I'm Alex," and then go on to make pleasant, relevant, polite and hopefully witty conversation while trying to maintain a healthy balance of aloofness and clinginess. If I'm drunk though, I'll often go up to her, introduce myself swaggeringly, then go on to make some completely inappropriate comment about her arse or something. Funny enough, it appears that the latter is more successful. Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm wasted. I'm not sure.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:41 PM   #25
Epona
Zartan

Mmmmm, I met my bf several times before we actually had a conversation. I kept seeing him at various clubs/gigs and we had sort of grinned or waved at each other a few times. Then it turned out he was a friend's flatmate. The friend introduced me to him at a gig, but I was really drunk, mumbled 'hi', and promptly fell flat on my face whereupon another friend picked me up and took me home. Eventually we did get to speak to each other, but we were both drunk and can't really remember how we got talking or what was said. We ended up sitting on a sofa with his arm around me and then he asked me if I wanted to have an adventure. I said 'errrr ummm OK' and that was that!

So it doesn't really seem to matter that much what you say, or indeed whether you are capable of conversation! [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #26
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hmm... what are these chatup lines that you speak of? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Tsk, I don't talk to strange people, female or otherwise [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well, only if I have to . Usually, imo, its not worth the trouble of making a fool out of yourself (or myself as the case may be) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 05:41 PM   #27
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

In this day and age, what with all the "varieties" of guys and gals out there, I usually take a cue from my dog and begin by sniffing their butt to make sure they're really a girl.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:16 PM   #28
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
In this day and age, what with all the "varieties" of guys and gals out there, I usually take a cue from my dog and begin by sniffing their butt to make sure they're really a girl.
LOL!!!

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-04-2003, 04:03 PM   #29
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

One of my worst moments happened when I was 19. I'd wandered into a club with some friends, after previously hitting the down the road. So, I hang around a bit and spot a pretty cute girl eyeing me by the bar. Thinking this is my lucky day, I strut over to her, intending to unleash an assualt of wit, the magnitude of which she has never seen before. I end up saying "Hi, wanna drink?" "Yeah, please, that'd be great." "Class...mine's a Strongbow!" I chuckle a bit, in my drunkeness not realising that I was sounding like a total ass I turn around, and she's gone! I'm wasn't surprised, I didn't like me much after such a dive.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #30
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

i usually whistle at her and when she turns around i smile an say "How you doin?" And it works! haahaha

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers