Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 10:46 AM   #171
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

... but the only appropriate form of address for her is "Miss Fljotsdale" anyway !

I am with Magik on this: treating ladies exactly the same way as men would take the fun out of it completely ! Besides, equal treatment doesn't have to be identical treatment.

And I actually don't think that most ladies would want it that way either: after all, Melusinchen, didn't you just tell me that you liked to be called exactly that by me ? And could you imagine me calling Memnoch "Memnochlein" ? ... well, maybe if he was 3 years old ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-14-2001, 10:49 AM   #172
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
... but the only appropriate form of address for her is "Miss Fljotsdale" anyway !

I am with Magik on this: treating ladies exactly the same way as men would take the fun out of it completely ! Besides, equal treatment doesn't have to be identical treatment.

And I actually don't think that most ladies would want it that way either: after all, Melusinchen, didn't you just tell me that you liked to be called exactly that by me ? And could you imagine me calling Memnoch "Memnochlein" ? ... well, maybe if he was 3 years old ...

But it WOULD be funny to call him that - just to get a "rise" out of him!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-14-2001, 02:32 PM   #173
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
First - I hate abbreviations of the name! But I don't mind F if you don't want to write out the whole awkward name, lol! (though you could just copy & paste!).

I shall hencforth refrain from abreviating your name Miss Fljotsdale please regard any spelling other than the correct one as an unintentional typo, for which I am renound around the world I might add

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-14-2001).]

Old 09-14-2001, 02:37 PM   #174
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
But it WOULD be funny to call him that - just to get a "rise" out of him!
Hm, .... hm ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 02:55 PM   #175
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Just my 2c, but why should it matter, male or female, how you respond. Are you indicating that you show more respect and "hedge" your comments towards a female member more than towards a male? I treat everyone EQUALLY.

I guess we just disagree with you on this DM I treat ladies different from men, I think it is the correct way to be. It is part of my core beliefs that women should not be treated as just one of the guys...to a point. I don't change my opinion, just the way I would argue it out in a debate. I respect women, and I respect men but viva la difference!!!!!

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-14-2001, 03:21 PM   #176
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

*ahem* "replying in the manner you have is not going to help the situation Moni."?
I think I was pretty civil about it!
You came here and argued my point of view first, not the other way around.

Perhaps we both understood each other. The main point of this thread was based on the fact that Americans DO care about the rest of the world.
I don't know where it became limited to the fight against terrorism specifically but more "do we view ourselves as more important than the rest of the world".

My point was that we are there on a world-wide level and for you say that our bases act as deterrants against enemy attacks was exactly my point. We are there.
How many foreign military bases are set up in other countries world-wide for that purpose?

Not to be rude but because I have tests to study for right now, I am not even going to address the rest of your post until we can agree or disagree that we are on the same page...it would be pointless to say anything if we are both at a misunderstanding wouldn't it?

btw, The attack against the Marines in 1983 was a terrorist attack. A truck bomb driven into a barracks full of sleeping Marines. I don't remember any more details and I can't find any online references for you but if you want, I can ask people who do remember more or do research in the library to get you more info.

I think we're both arguing the same point from different directions, I just got a bit cross because I thought you were accusing me of slating the US' foreign policy-which I wasn't. I also thought you were a bit abrasive-with hindsight you probably weren't so apologies.

Good luck in your tests btw
Old 09-14-2001, 04:01 PM   #177
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zateel:
I've noticed a lot of posts (especially a few pages back) debating which country is more ignorant.
"The British don't know what the capitol of Virginia is" or "The Americans don't know the middle name of the Prime Minister" or some such nonsense.
How many British and Americans know it is evil to crash a plane into a huge building and kill thousands of unsuspecting people? That is a piece of knowledge that I find relevant.
Zateel, *HUG* Sanity... appreciate the effort, dear, very much!

CB
PS: YES we do all need to be 'internationally' more savvy, but RIGHT now, what IS the issue... atrocity and mass murder.
------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 04:03 PM   #178
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I guess we just disagree with you on this DM I treat ladies different from men, I think it is the correct way to be. It is part of my core beliefs that women should not be treated as just one of the guys...to a point. I don't change my opinion, just the way I would argue it out in a debate. I respect women, and I respect men but viva la difference!!!!!
Sweetie, I was just "yankin' your chain". I actually EXPECT to be treated as the "fairer sex", but just don't hold back an opinion from me because you think it will offend "little old me" *bats eyelashes endearingly*

And I guess it depends on the situation, too, because I have male friends that DO treat me just like "one of the guys". We drink and shoot pool, tell off color jokes...But others are respectful (and some downright naughty !).
------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 05:38 PM   #179
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

witnessed the most disgusting action.... someone had put up an auction selling bits and pieces of rubble of the Twin towers....

------------------

bad homepage
Old 09-14-2001, 05:48 PM   #180
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
I think we're both arguing the same point from different directions, I just got a bit cross because I thought you were accusing me of slating the US' foreign policy-which I wasn't. I also thought you were a bit abrasive-with hindsight you probably weren't so apologies.

Good luck in your tests btw
I'm sorry I made you cross and no, I wasn't intentionaly being abrasive.
Apology accepted and thank you.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!