Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
Durwyn
Elminster

Okay now, I placed all the scrolls for each knight, freed the all. The Main castle gate is now open. I killed all the guards on the first floor, went to the cook. Went upstairs and found that Halfling guys, he turned into a Vampire, and another flew in I killed them all. The I went downstairs do the basement, killed all the creatures there, went down one more level I guess to a bigger prison basement, did not find anything needed but a skull at one of the last prisons there, and of course killed everyone there. Went back up to the first floor. Went up the other stairs, killed Lord Madoluk or whatever his name is, found a Dungeon Key. Cleared everything on that floor. Went back down to the first floor, the door with the blue star still is closed. How do I open it then? What may I've mist? Oh then I also went outside and talked to the Halfling, which is really weird because I believe I killed him back in the castle, but in any case he told me the story of the Luremaster and all, and still I cannot get the blue shining star door to open. It seems to be the only way I have left to go.

Any hints? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-14-2002, 01:36 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Okay now, I placed all the scrolls for each knight, freed the all. The Main castle gate is now open. I killed all the guards on the first floor, went to the cook. Went upstairs and found that Halfling guys, he turned into a Vampire, and another flew in I killed them all. The I went downstairs do the basement, killed all the creatures there, went down one more level I guess to a bigger prison basement, did not find anything needed but a skull at one of the last prisons there, and of course killed everyone there. Went back up to the first floor. Went up the other stairs, killed Lord Madoluk or whatever his name is, found a Dungeon Key. Cleared everything on that floor. Went back down to the first floor, the door with the blue star still is closed. How do I open it then? What may I've mist? Oh then I also went outside and talked to the Halfling, which is really weird because I believe I killed him back in the castle, but in any case he told me the story of the Luremaster and all, and still I cannot get the blue shining star door to open. It seems to be the only way I have left to go.

Any hints? Thanks in advance!

You need the skull. And one more like it, from the same level.
They function as a key that will open a door for you to proceed to the next level.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:51 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, spoilers included .....

You still have a lot to do downstairs.

You're probably stuck at the magic mouth door. You need TWO skulls to get that open. There is one at the end of EACH side corridor. get them both.

You won't be able to open that "blue star door" from the OUTSIDE. You need to find and active a "portal" which will transport you back for the final confrontation with the Luremaster.

BTW, the halfing you meet in the castle is actually a RAKSHASA not a vampire and he is NOT the real Hobart Stubbletoes!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:54 PM   #4
Durwyn
Elminster

Thank you gentlemen, I shall follow out with your hints [img]smile.gif[/img] .