Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2005, 12:48 PM   #31
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well, it's at GCSE level but it is a GNVQ, equivalent to four GCSE's.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #32
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
What the hell are you two on about ? You're giving me a headache.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:02 PM   #33
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
English qualifications mate, they is always trying to make them sound better than our good ole scottish standard grades
Old 12-23-2005, 02:15 PM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Geez BK, you may need a few icepacs and some aspirin after that.. or bones set! Hope you're ok! I am sure you're awake! LOL

LOL, johnny, it looks like the letters escaped the alphabet soup in the kitchen up there, doesn't it?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #35
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hope you are OK BK! Accidents must be on the menu today, as when pulling into a tight parking spot this afternoon my bumper hit a truck parked on my right, sigh. Never ever done that before. Felt like such an idiot. I just couldn't fit in there I guess, and then I had trouble moving my car after I hit the truck to park somewhere else cause this old lady who was parked on my left thought I hit HER car and would not move out of the way, she just kept bending over and inspecting the back of her car meticulously. Finally I rolled my window down and said "Lady could you move, I didn't hit you I hit the truck!" ARggg. Anyways I finally park and go to the truck and stand there awaiting the driver, who shows up a minute or so later. Really nice guy, was a small scratch, and he said it was no big deal and not to worry about it. I offered him some money anyways cause I felt so bad, but nope he didn't want any. We were both going to the drug store and chatted a bit while walking to it, again really nice guy. And whew! Glad I'm home now, it's only gonna get more packed out there as the evening shoppers pile up LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #36
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Geez BK, you may need a few icepacs and some aspirin after that.. or bones set! Hope you're ok! I am sure you're awake! LOL

LOL, johnny, it looks like the letters escaped the alphabet soup in the kitchen up there, doesn't it?
a few bumps and bruises...maybe worse on the ribs, but pretty lucky, all things considered...thanks

[img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #37
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
English qualifications mate, they is always trying to make them sound better than our good ole scottish standard grades [/QUOTE]Standard Grade? What kind of a name is that, it only has two capital letters in it .

[ 12-23-2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Szass-Tam ]
Old 12-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Glad it's nothing permanent, BK! Try and watch your feet on stairs, eh?

LZ, ugh.. I know how you feel.. you think "oh geez, tell me I did NOT just hit that car!" Even a small scratch makes me worry. I had the same thing happen this spring and the couple was very nice, wiped the smudge off their bumper and left, not wanting even my name or insurance info! Hope you didn't bang your own car up. I got home today and realized I hadn't been to the bank (one of my chores for the day) but decided to try and hack some ice out of our driveway instead. Too many shoppers and people at the bank and it was warm enough for the ice to start moving so good time to chop at it with the shovel!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #39
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well my license plate is a bit popped out at the top (on my car the plates are on the right front of the car and kinda stick out vs. most cars where they are in the middle in a divet). And some of my right front headlight plastic broke, so have to have that fixed, but it's minor and I'm the tape queen LOL. Have a back headlight taped cause the trunk is out of line or something and it leaks and so the back headlight frame isn't pushed in enough, i.e, there is a crack on the top of the light where water gets in when it rains and it shorts out the light. I'd have to get an entire back headlight panel to get this fixed btw, can't imagine how much that would cost. So I use that clear heavy duty tape you use for packaging (you are very familiar with that tape Amber from my previous packages heee LOL) and it works great, stops the leak! One of these days, when it's Spring or Summer, I'm gonna try some aquarium sealant I have and try to just seal the back light up myself, all I need is something to squeeze it on both sides to hold the glue until it dries, that is my dillema LOL.

Yeah what a difference it makes when you get a nice person's car to hit LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Sheesh. Heck it WAS a tight spot and even after I hit his truck I tried to back up and still get in that space to park but no deal, too tight, and I couldn't back up because of the row of cars behind me in other parking spaces, really small shopping center. And that old lady! You know, if I had hit her car instead of this other guys? What a spectacle I bet it would have been. Police would be called, no doubt insurance company info would be swapped, so there would go my insurance rates up and up for years and years, for a 3 inch small scratch that was not deep. She'd probably insist on having her entire car repainted too. I mean this lady was sooo LOOKING for a scratch on her car, even though I was never near her car, I went too wide and hit the truck on my right, I was a good foot or more away from her car LOL. But boy she just would not stop looking and inspecting, when if she would just leave I could easily pull into her space cause here I am kinda trapped. Even when she saw nothing, and I had told her I did not hit her, she still doddered up to this guy standing in the parking lot to ask what he saw.

And I've seen this behavior before. Last year in traffic in front of me I saw one SUV lightly bump the other one in front of it. Well! The guy stopped traffic to get out, and inspect his bumper for like, 5 minutes! Finally he sees there is absolutely nothing he could sue for I reckon? and gets in his SUV and just moves on. Our beeping probably speeded him along re that LOL. Again, some people are just LOOKING for something. And then some take it in stride and take it as it is, something minor. I'd do the same thing if somebody hit and scratched my car. My car's old too, blah whatever LOL, not gonna stress over the small stuff. My car's taped up, got rust spots, lots of dings from people in parking lots who do not sit and wait for me to come out to offer to pay for the damage LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LZ, I do know your taping skills are extraordinary! Hehe! Well, I hope you can fix your car up so it stands inspection. I don't know what they do down your way but if lights and stuff don't work or have the plastic on them here they fine you and make you replace them.. ugh...

I hate parking in tight spaces or in cramped lots. Especially now that I have the Accord which is a lot bigger (at least to me!) than anything I've driven recently. I can never quite gauge how far I am from things on the passenger side so I tend to leave LOTS of room or park in spaces with nobody on that side. Hubby kids me about it but I don't want someone screaming at me in the parking lot! LOL And last scratch I got on the new car cost over $400 to fix.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]