Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2001, 08:22 PM   #71
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Far from enlightened - but most of the denizens of this forum met here to get questions answered about Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2. If you used to pnp, I strongly recomend you picking up a copy of BG1 or 2 and playing them. They are amazing games. When you play them in multi-player environment, it is almost like playing pnp dnd with people from all over the world. You make your own character and go through the game righting wrongs and protecting virtue etc, etc... If you haven't played the game through single player though, I would recomend giving that a shot before multi player.

These clans were originally formed for multi player games. Clan versus clan. We have one game a few of us are starting now, and if you want, we can try to set up another. Now we're playing BG, but HADB was formed in anticipation of Neverwinter Nights, the ultimate CRPG which isn't out til' November.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-13-2001, 08:34 PM   #72
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Far from enlightened - but most of the denizens of this forum met here to get questions answered about Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2. If you used to pnp, I strongly recomend you picking up a copy of BG1 or 2 and playing them. They are amazing games. When you play them in multi-player environment, it is almost like playing pnp dnd with people from all over the world. You make your own character and go through the game righting wrongs and protecting virtue etc, etc... If you haven't played the game through single player though, I would recomend giving that a shot before multi player.

These clans were originally formed for multi player games. Clan versus clan. We have one game a few of us are starting now, and if you want, we can try to set up another. Now we're playing BG, but HADB was formed in anticipation of Neverwinter Nights, the ultimate CRPG which isn't out til' November.
Thanks. I'll get BG this weekend and go through as much as I can by next week. I'm usually pretty quick with these types of games. I'll catch up as quick as I can (and definitely before NWN). SEE YA!!!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-13-2001, 08:43 PM   #73
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

There's the attitude Dragonmage! Before you know it you will be an overlord with your own minions to command! I'm sure you'll love it.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-13-2001, 10:32 PM   #74
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

You'll never get me to join though........

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-14-2001, 07:37 AM   #75
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
There's the attitude Dragonmage! Before you know it you will be an overlord with your own minions to command! I'm sure you'll love it.
What you don't realize is that I'm already an overlord in training..
I lord over all in my realm!!!! (OK, my HOME, but don't tell anyone - my husband thinks he's in charge.)

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 10:21 AM   #76
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
What you don't realize is that I'm already an overlord in training..
I lord over all in my realm!!!! (OK, my HOME, but don't tell anyone - my husband thinks he's in charge.)

Do you have kids? If so I suppose they would qualify as minions... Hey, you're further along then I thought. I didn't know you had a family. Be very careful buying that game then, because they might not see to much more of you if you do!

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-14-2001, 10:27 AM   #77
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

Do you have kids? If so I suppose they would qualify as minions... Hey, you're further along then I thought. I didn't know you had a family. Be very careful buying that game then, because they might not see to much more of you if you do!
No, no kids. I opted out on that one. I'm living the childhood I wasn't allowed growing up. My "minions" consist of a dog, three cats, four fish and about a billion snails (these last got 'accidentally' introduced into my tank and I can't get rid of them - so I'll use 'em for the dirty little jobs here). As to buying the game, my husband's usually right there with me when I play (or off playing his own - he's more into racing and shoot-em-up type stuff on PSX). I prefer something that gives me a challenge when I play or makes me have to think (I liked the Tomb Raider stuff A LOT!). So, if I get obsessed with PC RPG, he'll understand. No worries!

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 03:45 PM   #78
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
No, no kids. I opted out on that one. I'm living the childhood I wasn't allowed growing up. My "minions" consist of a dog, three cats, four fish and about a billion snails (these last got 'accidentally' introduced into my tank and I can't get rid of them - so I'll use 'em for the dirty little jobs here). As to buying the game, my husband's usually right there with me when I play (or off playing his own - he's more into racing and shoot-em-up type stuff on PSX). I prefer something that gives me a challenge when I play or makes me have to think (I liked the Tomb Raider stuff A LOT!). So, if I get obsessed with PC RPG, he'll understand. No worries!

Cool, it sounds like you picked a good husband there.

On the pets; are they ill tempered? If so, I suppose you could start an evil petting zoo in the name of HADB.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-14-2001, 04:20 PM   #79
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Cool, it sounds like you picked a good husband there.

On the pets; are they ill tempered? If so, I suppose you could start an evil petting zoo in the name of HADB.
Yes, I did. And yes, most of the time they ARE ill-tempered (the little brats!). Ungrateful, too. Do ya wanna pet 'em? (Do you dare?)

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 04:49 PM   #80
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I maybe late I maybe not, but I would like to join the HADB Clan, I am not a bard I'm a Cleric And Ready To Kick Ass And Defend The Hadb Clan With My Afterlife.

------------------

I Am... The Bad Dude