Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 02:01 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I just felt like saying this..

I think in the last week, my perspective of America has changed from a source of shame to a source of pride and joy.
While its ironic that it takes a tragedy on a massive scale to bring a nation together, I'm very impressed with how its coming together in scale and size..
I used to be more than a little ashamed of being the only American citizen in class, level, church. But now, after seeing the bravery and heroism of the American people banding together to help in whatever way they can, praying, hoping and caring for people they've never met, I can now say that I'm proud of this nation that I call my own..
It is a nation where people risk their lives, and give themselves all that they can that other people might have their own lives to live, and where those that can do nothing, just go out and do "something". I personally wish I were there in NY, cheering on the rescue workers and giving my support, but since I'm not, I'm just going to say it here..

Sorry if anyone thinks this is spam or something..just had to let out my thoughts..

------------------
Proud to be American

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 02:08 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I don't think it's spam. And I totally agree 250. I'm very proud of how my countryman have been behaving during this. I think the whole world is seeing the indestructable, fighting spirit of the American people. And I don't mean fighting just as a physical fight. I mean the emotional and mental battles that go on within us that we're fighting. Our fears, our doubts, our pain, our loss, we're fighting all of it. And during all of this, the nation is united as (I feel) it really should be. Political parties, differing religions and ethnicities, all of it have seemed to disappear in light of this. Because of this unity and bravery, I'm very proud to call myself an American.

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
Guardian of Boo
Old 09-16-2001, 02:10 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Er, jafin?

Thats not 250,Buddy..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

"You guys way off,you guys kick ass, Live at Buddahkhan, Intenceidy-in-tence-city"

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 02:10 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
I don't think it's spam. And I totally agree 250.

-Jafin

??? what the... LOL

sure, I am proud as well, proud to live in such a nation and proud to know such people!
Old 09-16-2001, 02:13 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

250?

We're both Chinese but the similarity ends there I think
No offence 250

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-16-2001, 02:16 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
250?

We're both Chinese but the similarity ends there I think
No offence 250

LOL LOL

Old 09-16-2001, 02:16 AM   #7
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Never would consider this spam Lifetime!

I find it amazing myself! Growing up in the south, I always was taught a great deal of patriotism. I thought this country may have been, in the words of the immortal Merl Haggard "Rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell"

I am so proud to see us, no matter our differences, no matter our race, no matter our creed, banding together as a country once more. I find what happened a pure tragedy, I still find it hard to believe, but I also see that it has taught us all a huge lesson - we ARE still capable of putting our differenses aside and coming together! Damn, I'm proud to be an American!

I would also like to thank all of the other countries who have stood up to support us! I now believe it is possible for the world to come together, if only for a short time!

I am only sad that it came to this for us all to realize it. I've said it once, and I'll say it again now, God knows the big picture, we do not.

God bless America, and God bless the world!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 02:19 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Liliara

it is possible for the world to come together, HOW WELL SAID!
Old 09-16-2001, 02:27 AM   #9
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Liliara

it is possible for the world to come together, HOW WELL SAID!
I'm sure everyone here knows how I feel about America, I have to say, though, I have never seen the rest of the world put aside their differences, just as we have, to fight for the same cause.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 02:41 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Its always said that people unite when there's a common enemy..
I believe that this time, people unite because there's a common desire and love for the next man(or woman or course)
This time, people are united to aid their fellow Americans, knowing that it could have happened to anyone of them, and that these people are not soldiers, but civilians just like them.
I'm filled with pride when I see our brave firemen and police officers rushing up a burning building with no support and no regard for their own safety to "pull the wounded out"
I'm filled with a sad sense of joy when I see the numbers of firemen missing, because that means 270 more heroes, 270 who risked their lives and put the lives of others before their own, and victims in the building who stopped to aid others, and the ordinary people in the doomed flights, who in a time of great stress, rose to the occasion and gave their lives for their nation, and the other normal, ordinary people of the USA.
To me right now, however, there is no "normal, ordinary" citizen of the USA. There are only heroes, everyone in their own way. It takes courage to weep for someone who can do you absolutely no good!

------------------
Proud to be American