Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 05:44 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm about halfway through ToB. Beat Sendai and am about to take on Draconis/Abazigal (is that the correct spelling? I'm not sure).

I'm using an all female party as follows:

me: Elven Thief/Mage (39th/29th level - I soloed through SoA)
Mazzy
Jaheira
Imoen
Nalia
Viconia

My PC is Chaotic Neutral, but with 3 NPCs on the Good side (Mazzy, Imoen and Nalia) this party works better with a high reputation and choosing the "good" path when given choices. Obviously, this conflicts with Viconia's alignment. I know at some point she's gonna have a cow with my 20 reputation. I also know that I could always go and smack a commoner to lose about 8 reputation points, but that wouldn't go over well with Mazzy.

Here's the thought: I have read posts that mention a Cursed Helm of Alignment Change. I figured if I could find it, I'd have Viconia wear it and that would solve my problem. But I haven't found it yet and the books and walkthroughs I have do not mention it either.

Anyone know where this is?
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:14 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

I don't know about ht e helm but I think that in ToB evil NPCs don't go away when rep hits 20.I had Sarevok in my party for quite sometime with Rep 20 and all he did was to complain.
Also nice party you got there!!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 06:30 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

It is not an item that you can find in the normal progression of the game, even as a random item. You will have to use Shadowkeeper or the cheat console to generate the helmet. *shrug* I can't recall the item code right now....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:31 PM   #4
nightshift001
The Magister

It is actually found in baldurs gate tales of the sword coast.
As before mentioned the easiest way to bring it into tob is to use shadowkeeper.......i wouldnt bother though as all it does is rev alignment and protect from critical hits there are more important helms to wear.....no one leaves the party in tob regardless of rep.
Although they do complain alot...especially sarevok.Id recommend another fighter in the party you have two mage/thiefs.
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:40 PM   #5
hagimihale
Manshoon

Thanks for the replies. I guess I won't worry about it then. As for taking another fighter.... I'm playing an all-female party. The only other female out there was Aerie. I wouldnt trade either Nalia or Imoen for her. Both can get special abilities. Aerie won't gain levels fast enough to do so.
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote