Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 01:58 PM   #1
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I promised that I would report on the Imoen same-sex romance that I am beta-testing. So far, I have come up with several bugs, the worst of which is that the game freezes when the party emerges from the Underdark. We have changed several of the scripts, and added more conflicts with the rest of the party, so far, Anomen (of course), Viconia, and Keldorn. It's been pretty fun, and I am almost finished with my script for the adulterous Keldorn romance. Comment, and suggestions are welcome.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #2
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
I promised that I would report on the Imoen same-sex romance that I am beta-testing. So far, I have come up with several bugs, the worst of which is that the game freezes when the party emerges from the Underdark. We have changed several of the scripts, and added more conflicts with the rest of the party, so far, Anomen (of course), Viconia, and Keldorn. It's been pretty fun, and I am almost finished with my script for the adulterous Keldorn romance. Comment, and suggestions are welcome.

Adulterous Keldorn Romance: like the idea! Assume that:
1) You must get him to imprison his wife and have that other guy hung.
2) You must be Neutral or Chaotic ... no-one Lawful would try to steal a married man.
3) Would he go for someone evil? Probably not. So Neutral or Good only, right?

He's going to be a perfect match for my Elven Archer or Soerceress...

Now the Imoen romance: I like the idea of same-sex romances, esp. among girls, AND I like Imoen, BUT I don't know about the incest aspect. Oh well. I guess your character never really thought of her as your sister, more like the girl next door. Just make sure you erase all references to her as your "little sister" or whatever... that's slightly icky.

I take it that your character needs to be Good or at least not Evil for the romance to progress? Or is there a chance to turn her to the Dark Side(tm)?

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

quote:

You wouldn't perhaps have same-sex romance with Viconia would you? My new Paladin, Tanoch Thas'ala, finds her very attractive!

Oh and how do I, or may I, join the the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society??

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Tanoch Thas'ala ]

Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:18 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Imoen same sex romance? ROFLMAO!!! I guess some people just have way to much on there hands *starts running
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

I like the idea of the same sex imoen romance.Keep us posted!
As for Keldorn I have my objections.Keldorn is a paladin of Torm the god of duty.I think that adultry is a major violation of his ethos.
I think that the only way for this romance to happen would be if he lost his paladinhood and he became fallen.Perhaps a variation of the story of Lord Soth from Krynn?
He gives up his ordered life for the passions of another woman and everything ends in tragedy?Well I know it is a little melodramatic but hey it is a fantasy setting.
The Feallen Paladin can make an interesting character.All the better if he remains good...
That is just my oppinion though
Old 02-14-2002, 05:55 PM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:

Adulterous Keldorn Romance: like the idea! Assume that:
1) You must get him to imprison his wife and have that other guy hung.
2) You must be Neutral or Chaotic ... no-one Lawful would try to steal a married man.
3) Would he go for someone evil? Probably not. So Neutral or Good only, right?

He's going to be a perfect match for my Elven Archer or Soerceress...

Now the Imoen romance: I like the idea of same-sex romances, esp. among girls, AND I like Imoen, BUT I don't know about the incest aspect. Oh well. I guess your character never really thought of her as your sister, more like the girl next door. Just make sure you erase all references to her as your "little sister" or whatever... that's slightly icky.

I take it that your character needs to be Good or at least not Evil for the romance to progress? Or is there a chance to turn her to the Dark Side(tm)?

-- Nifft

The sister thing is almost the heart of the thing. She is turned off of men because of what happened with Irenicus. (Hint: a lot more than just torture.) She turns to the female character because she feels safe with her. No, there's no turning her to the dark side. She'll stay with any female character as long as you make the right responses.
As for Keldorn, the change is in his response to his wife's infidelity. He broods about it, and is drawn to the female character's goodness and beauty. I wanted to make her fighter/paladin/ranger only, but this turns out to be really hard, so now it's only female. Yes, she has to be at least Neutral Good, and Human or Elf.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-14-2002, 05:58 PM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Tanoch Thas'ala:

You wouldn't perhaps have same-sex romance with Viconia would you? My new Paladin, Tanoch Thas'ala, finds her very attractive!

Oh and how do I, or may I, join the the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society??

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Tanoch Thas'ala ]

Sorry, Tanoch, I've never thought of Vicky as anything but a man-magnet. And, BTW, the only requirement to join the Anti-Anomen Society is to make one anti-Anomen post.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:06 PM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Imoen same sex romance? ROFLMAO!!! I guess some people just have way to much on there hands *starts running

You'd better run, Mr. IW-the-Movie. It all started over an argument (what else?) on the Black Isle board. This guy e-mailed me and said that I was a perfect tester since I 1. Hated Anomen, 2. Loved Imoen, and 3. Was female. It's been a real hoot.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:17 PM   #9
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

quote:

Sorry, Tanoch, I've never thought of Vicky as anything but a man-magnet. And, BTW, the only requirement to join the Anti-Anomen Society is to make one anti-Anomen post.

Uh, I did that sort of, I called him a wuss or something like that and changed his name to Anemone...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:22 PM   #10
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Tanoch Thas'ala:

Uh, I did that sort of, I called him a wuss or something like that and changed his name to Anemone...

Then you can be a memeber. WELCOME [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Feel free to use it in your sig.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]