Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-15-2002, 10:50 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Okay.My nephews look up to me and love me,but every time they come over to my house with my their mom(My sister) I boss them around and yell at them bcause they won't leave my stuff alone.They steal from me,break my stuff,and just be little brats that have no respect for me.But yet they look up to me and call me their hero.They just had to suffer a bitter devorse between their rotten dad and their mom.(my sister)Their dad does'nt pay child support and is abusive to my sister. But the thing is...HE IS A BIG BABY!!!!!!!!!!I can't blame those kidsa though.I just can't keep from loving Darek,Johnny(not the guy on IW),and little Katie.Darek is six,Johnny is 5,and Katie is 2 or 3 not sure.I'm such a jerk for treating them so bad.I wish that they were'nt so annoying and would obey and listen to me.My parents say to use a nice calm voice when I want them to stop,but I was screw that!Tryed it and it don't work worth crap!But I'm too mean to them. I really need to treat them better.But the oldest is such a baby!Just like his dad.I'm just to men to them.They are dealing with a hard thing right now for child possesion between their dad and mom.I need to be nicer.I punch them and treat them badly.I'm such a jerk...........
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-15-2002, 10:56 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Keep trying that calm voice and repeat things, SomeGuy. It does usually work [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
MagiK

Sounds like the kids have had a rough time but they have to learn that rough times does not give them license to be like that. Just be patient and enlist the aid of their mom, she should also be disciplining them and not putting it all off on you...sorry if this sounds like Im lecturing, just know what I had to go through when i was originally divorced.

Old 06-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

She also disiplins them Magik.i would never want to get on her bad side.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-16-2002, 12:25 AM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I am in a similar sinuation here SG.

But in my case their cousens and a bit older. But still, pretty similar.

I dont feel like a jerk neccisarly. Because I know they are capable of acting more civil then they do.

But I know what you mean, if they people I looked up too acted that way tp me I would be pretty crushed
Old 06-16-2002, 01:23 AM   #6
Moni

Try coming up with some old stuffed animals, toys (blocks, puzzles etc) and books that they can have when they are at your house...sit down and play with them once in a while, read to them...yes its your time but it is also their lives and you don't want to be making them miserable because they have to be at your house.
Get your sister to demand that they not go in your room and don't let them in there yourself if you want them to learn to stay out.
By all means, stop hitting them too! You don't want them growing up thinking that hitting is OK and ending up like their dad do you?

Good Luck with the rugrats, Someguy...I know you are young and they are a handful but it will all get better, believe me.
*hugs*
Moni

Old 06-16-2002, 06:21 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
what, you don't love me ?
Old 06-16-2002, 10:46 AM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I honestly suggest singing to them. Hush little baby don't you piss me off. Daddy might come in here and make you stop...
Old 06-16-2002, 10:59 AM   #9
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Tell your mom and your sister that if your little cousins are going to act like little animals then you dont want to be around them. If they dont respect your wishes , and since youre only 11 they probably wont, then either lock your bedroom door and go out when they come over or close the door to your room and sit in there till they leave.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:44 AM   #10
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
what, you don't love me ?
I'm talking about my nephew and i have no idea if you are even related to me.Maybe I do and maybe I don't. [img]tongue.gif[/img]