Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2002, 06:07 AM   #81
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Alright, and I thought I was alone. Never did I think that anyone would mention Burzum or Emperor (may they rest in peace) on the IWF.

Melusine, I salute you.
LOL
A few years ago I thought the same thing, but there are still people who like that kind of music, you find them in the weirdest places
So what about Darkthrone? Satyricon? Troll? Hmmm... I really ought to get out my old tape-trading list, I've forgotten about half the names of the bands I used to listen to.
Still have all the Burzum albums though - I can't stand the man himself, and often felt guilty for liking his music, but there's no denying it's great music (LOL, actually I think most people *would* deny it [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:*Rubs his eyes again*
Someone on this board actually mentioned a band I *like*? That I would live to see that day... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Aww Groj, get over yourself [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I know lots of people who love Einstürzende Neubauten

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:Aviendha or Melusine: do you know Haggard? It's an orchestra-band from Germany(about 16 members or so), they're great.
OK debiler, the Haggard story
I have known their music for a long, long time - when they only had four members and not a single album out, from a death metal compilation CD . Then they brought out And Thou Shalt Trust the Seer, it got some good reviews, and I decided to get it. Really enjoyed it a lot, especially the classical intermezzos. Even my younger sister loved the music. Then I saw they'd be performing in Holland, this was a couple of years ago. The would play just a few days after my sister's birthday, so I thought it would be nice to take her to the conert for her birthday. So I got her a nice new top to wear to the concert, plus a ticket. I was working for an underground metal mag at the time and I thought that it would really make the evening perfect for Lotte (my sis) if she could actually meet some of the musicians. So I brought my tape recorder and managed to get an interview with Asis, the singer, taking Lotte with me in the tourbus. She was thrilled to meet Asis, Asis was thrilled because I spoke German and I was thrilled because it was such a great evening for Lotte. Well, I even introduced her, saying that it was her b-day and that I'd taken her to Haggard especially because she liked them so much. We did the interview, Lotte and me went back into the club where Haggard would be playing, when after a while, some of the guys from the band came up to us and told us to come with them. Turned out they had a Haggard T-shirt for my sister, because it was her birthday... now isn't that sweet? I got her a poster as well which Asis signed.
The concert itself was great, really very good, and we both had a great time. Then Asis announced one of our favourite songs, and it was so cool! He said that it was Lotte's birthday, and they were playing that song for her especially. I lifted her in the air, everybody sang Happy Birthday for her, and then the band played the song. It was better than I could have ever made it myself. I still think they're one of the nicest people around, I really really appreciated their kindness so much [img]smile.gif[/img]
Remember, my sister was still very young at the time, she wasn't even allowed to go out yet but my mother made an exception for the special occasion - so that made it extra special for her. It really was great, thanks mostly to Asis and Haggard. So you could say I'm still a big fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:Melusinchen: I meant that t-shirt you sent me.. a Green Day vote was the least that I expected from you!
Uh... Link, LOL, there is a reason why I sent you that shirt
Green Day.... ugh [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]