Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2002, 06:11 PM   #31
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Awww Cloudy You found some of us immature Boys posts unnapropriate
Old 04-16-2002, 07:14 PM   #32
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Thanks for the replies everyone, very interesting to hear your thoughts, experiences and opinions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As I said before, I am just me and I don't worry about my height, but this thread has caused me to think and reflect about women I've dated and been attracted to.

Honestly, I like a woman to be my height and size. I don't like to "look down into someone's eyes", but rather "see eye to eye". And I do like a larger frame...women with very strong legs, yes I do like women who are "buxom" (can I say this without looking like a pig ladies?) but its more about the frame to me. I have dated and been attraced to the smaller petite gals that most men go nuts over...but it was always something in their personality that caught my attention.

Its funny although there are certain physical attributes that catch my eye, like long dark wavy hair, but the ones that capture my heart do not fit into any of the categories of what I normally find attractive. I was never big on red heads until I dated one...matter of fact when I was first getting to know her that girl annoyed the hell out of me. But as I got to know her, there was a very caring heart underneath that I had not seen at first. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For me, its all about the individual, their heart, mind, soul, dreams and sense of self worth and honor. If there's a physical attraction, that's the icing on the cake, the ties that bind it all together. Too many people I've known focus on looks and then get hurt later when that hot flashy body breaks their heart into a million pieces.

About the "men need to be big and tough" its funny to me for some reason. The most powerful and "dangerous" men I have met have been short and skinny, or short and pudgy. Usually these experts of martial arts look like someone's Grandpa, not a guy who could kill you faster than you could blink.

Moni - you've studied martial arts...and you know that size and appearance doesn't have SQUAT to do with how strong, fast or powerful humans can be. So, while I do understand getting books of the shelf Aelia, I think the protection idea still follows our primal urges. And hey, there's nothing wrong with that if that's what tickles your fancy.

I mean honestly, who could protect us the most? Probably a lawyer...hey, mess with my wife and I'll sue your ass into next year! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't know myself...I'm used to being single and quite happy with it. I work a full time job, love to cook and just live life...but it would make things a little brighter to have an intimate partner to share my time with.

Take care everyone!

Scronan

[ 04-16-2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Scronan ]
Old 04-16-2002, 07:52 PM   #33
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Scronan:

About the "men need to be big and tough" its funny to me for some reason. The most powerful and "dangerous" men I have met have been short and skinny, or short and pudgy. Usually these experts of martial arts look like someone's Grandpa, not a guy who could kill you faster than you could blink.

Moni - you've studied martial arts...and you know that size and appearance doesn't have SQUAT to do with how strong, fast or powerful humans can be.
Scronan
This is aboslutely true. [img]smile.gif[/img]
The most dangerous men I have ever known were no taller than 5'6 and experts in the martial arts. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can attest myself to the fact that even short skinny women can hold their own against those 6'+ men if need be.

I think mankind is just conditioned into thinking that the bigger, the more powerful a man can be...strong man exhibintions were a part of western society long before martial arts ever surfaced, gained popularity or was even considered in the western world as a means of self defense.

Its still all in the legs for me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2002, 08:31 PM   #34
onthepequod
Quintesson

*A slightly dumbfounded OTP shakes his head.*

All men are to you women, are a bunch of pupils and irises. We have feelings too you know! We can think and express ourselves. We deserve to be treated like people and not just some retina walking down the street. I'm disgusted. You....you....vultures.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:42 PM   #35
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:

All men are to you women, are a bunch of pupils and irises. We have feelings too you know! We can think and express ourselves. We deserve to be treated like people and not just some retina walking down the street. I'm disgusted. You....you....vultures.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:55 PM   #36
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:

Vultures? Vultures?! Ill give u vulture! *Flys up and begins to circle OTP*
Lol ladies, u know what i just discovered 2day? Ever since Shawn(ya u know him, lol *melts*) cut his hair, he resembled some guy, i couldnt remember him though. Then i watched my recording of Ally McBeal 2day, and it hit me, Shawn now looks like a young Jon Bon Jovi! I mean JBJ is like in his early 40s late 30s and he is sexy, he has that smile...ah!

So OTP, you think its a problem that a girl and look into a guys eyes and totally melt? Tch! Shawn has these amazing blue eyes...theyre like reaaallllly blue...*sighs happily*. Wow im so pathetic lol, well actually i might be going out with him friday night, so its all good, lol!

Wish me luck with the young Jon Bon Jovi, who has the perfect smile, beautiful eyes, sweet personality, and an Austin Powers way of talking...*giggle*
Old 04-16-2002, 10:01 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Awww Cloudy You found some of us immature Boys posts unnapropriate
Glorfy, you are so cute, how could I get bothered for long by your posts.. *teehee*
Old 04-16-2002, 10:08 PM   #38
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Vultures? Vultures?! Ill give u vulture! *Flys up and begins to circle OTP*
*OTP thinks to himself...'How odd, a vulture with red hair.'*

Quote:
So OTP, you think its a problem that a girl and look into a guys eyes and totally melt?
I have no problem with this what-so-ever. Actually, IMHO, the resultant "I'm melting" eyes are incredibly captivating.

Quote:
Wow im so pathetic lol,
No comment.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:11 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scronan:
Hi,

I mean honestly, who could protect us the most? Probably a lawyer...hey, mess with my wife and I'll sue your ass into next year! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't know myself...I'm used to being single and quite happy with it. I work a full time job, love to cook and just live life...but it would make things a little brighter to have an intimate partner to share my time with.

Take care everyone!

Scronan
Aww... like I said earlier, you're a keeper, dear! [img]smile.gif[/img] Seriously, I found my 'someone' by NOT looking. Sounds so cliche, but that's what happened!

The primal thing may not be something we can consciously manipulate, but at least we can sit back and take stock and get philosophical about things! [img]smile.gif[/img] I have a male friend who doesn't come here too often and I told him about this thread. He laughed and said I was making him use his brain too much and all this philosophy of relationships was tiring him out! LOL

As for martial arts.. my sweetie does that too... and cooks and has some massage training.... whooo. I sound like I'm bragging.. uh well, he's worth it. Honestly, those things came up after we'd known each other a while. At first we just joked and had a good time getting to know each other online. So I KNOW it wasn't looks or height that first attracted me, those things were, as someone else here said, 'icing on the cake'. [img]smile.gif[/img] mmm..mighty tasty icing it is,too..

Scronan, you have a great way of looking at the world and living life! I do admire you for it. Best of luck in finding a partner for the intimate moments if that's what you truly want and all the best in everything else too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 04-16-2002, 10:28 PM   #40
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I found my 'someone' by NOT looking. Sounds so cliche, but that's what happened!
Cloudy
Those are always the best relationships too IMO. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Let life bring you what it will and only happiness can follow.