Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #11
DreamU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I still enjoy Valygar when he says, "Have you thought this through?"
DreamU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 04:31 PM   #12
hagimihale
Manshoon

my fav continues to be Minsc: "don't make my hamster suck eggs!"
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 08:50 PM   #13
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

You know this reminds me a Thread my Great Uncle Scratchy started, way back in 42, Of course there wasn't Computers in those days. He was laying in bed after a severe case of turnip poisoning when he stated thinking of peoples favourite BG2 quotes. Eager to find out the favourites he left his bed and decided to go on a galliant quest to find the answers he desired. Still Ill from the bad batch of turnips (Which by the way had not come from any of our family) he set of to find help. The help came in the form of stormwing an enormous Griffin. Which he wrestled down and forced to carry him to the distant mountains. Uncle Scraty might not have been at his best that day but he was still no wimp, ever since that day long ago when he had emerged from that strange portal behind the turnip patch he had not been him self physically, he was 9ft tall and rippling with muscles, quite big for a gnome I can tell you. He never did tell us where that portal led to. Any way back to the story he flew to the mountains and then traveled far below them until he reached his goal the underdark. After a few days search he found an illithid city and asked for an audience with the elder brain, There Uncle scraty traded 5 bags of vintage Turnips for the knowledge he sought. The elder brain sent out psycic messages all over the world asking the question "what is everyones favourite BG2 quote" And everyone returned there answers to the elder brain who then told skratchy. And thus was born the first thread.

This is the reply I think you would get of Jan.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Daniel ]

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:31 PM   #14
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL! Now that is original and classic. Kudos to you Daniel for that one. Here is what minsc would say.
" Swords! Not words!"
Now here is what my charecter would say
" If it helps me take over the world i will listen then kill you but if you are just wasting my time i am going to skip listening."
As I have said many times before, thanks the gods for chaotic evil allignment.

Coral

" Hey he was there just a sec...."
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:42 PM   #15
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

thanx

The best quotes in my opinion have to come from Minsc, Korgan and Edwin(Sarevok too if you include TOB).
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #16
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
thanx

The best quotes in my opinion have to come from Minsc, Korgan and Edwin(Sarevok too if you include TOB).

"Look Boo! Squirells! Quick throw nuts!"--Minsc

"How dare you gawk at my mantle! (Wait, now that I look at them, they do look pretty nice, but what happened to my...no...oh GOD NO! NOOO!)"--Edwin (Edwina)

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]

<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:15 PM   #17
Helspanth
Quintesson

The whole part with the identity crisis of edwin is hilarious!
Also
Minsc(when hidding in shadows):"Noone can see me...BUT MY BATTLE CRY MIGHT GIVE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!"
Korgan:"Nalia yer overtall,beardless,longlimbed and lack strength!Ye disgust me!"
Old 02-12-2002, 01:22 PM   #18
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow i must have the un-funny group of me, yoshimo, nalia, jahera, arie, and minsc and boo. I think in my next go around in the game i will have to use edwin and korgan somewhere in there.
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:26 PM   #19
Helspanth
Quintesson

@coral
Yoshimo has some nice ones too!
As for nalia she has the all time classic "FOR THE NEEDY" eeeeeek I hate this line
Old 02-12-2002, 06:32 PM   #20
ryanthemighty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One of my favs is a line that your character actually gets to say. After Jan goes off on a tangent to Viconia, she says:

Vic: How is it that you travel with such a wee buffoon?

Character: Truthfully, it all goes back to the time that Jan's cousin, Plooty Paladin-Piper, got caught in a nasty flesh golem eating contest...

Jan: Aye, Plooty had a way of attracting Golems. Brilliant really. You start with a saucer of milk- Golems are suckers for milk...

Vic: I refuse to listen to this!

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: ryanthemighty ]