Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
Roboghost
Manshoon

Smiley

I was wondering why some of the items that were supposed to be in IWD - that I spotted in walkthroughs - were not there and got to researching and modifying.

This has item spoilers galore, but mostly for ones never to be found in the game.
Why did I get no random items in a couple of spots? The answer was that there was either a typo or a bug situation.

I fixed these two then:
Dragon Eye L5 (AR4005):
Bonecleaver was typed as ZZZ3BC, but it should be ZZZ6BC - fixed

Wyrm's Tooth - Ice Aquarium (AR7001):
It was a typo, but it would have bugged if you fixed - apparently you can't have two long item names side by side like this:

LongCle SpenStaf - currently = no item if the random "LongCle" hits
LongClevSpenStaf - try to fix = fail!
u1hax4b SpenStaf - fixed = very interesting

Thus, I fixed with Benorg's Truth (I figured Long Cleaver was a +4 weapon, so its replacement should be too) -- note how the item code for this axe doesn't run into the item code of the staff.)

Finally, since I play in HoW [hush you purists], I popped in some items that were teasing me for being around in the IWD websites, but never to be found in the full games with TotL. I tried to find equivalent item types and bumped up the ante. Here's the list and you'll see the logic fall into place [knowing what all random items are and what you can buy] when doing IWD, HoW, & TotL:

All - more or less - in order of how you'd acquire:

Dragon's Eye L3 (AR4003):
Giant Killer --> Long Bow +3: Defender (random)

Lower Dorn's Deep - Greater Forge (AR8011):
Two Handed Axe of Greater Phasing +2 --> Long Cleaver (random, and put it at the end of random list to prevent error)

Barbarian Camp (AR9200):
Halberd of Sparks +1 --> Darig's Rest (+2 halberd)
War Hammer +2 --> Demon's Breath (+3 hammer)
Reinforced Large Shield +1 --> Stomper's Boots (Earthquake)

Tiernon's Store (AR9501) = let's go shopping after those damn worms:
Decorative Helm 1 --> Decorative Helm {GOLD} (hey, I miss this from BG1)
Decorative Helm 2 --> Illian's Hunting Helm
Decorative Helm 3 --> Helm of Shouting (Shout)
Gold Ring --> Greater Ring of the Warrior
Flamedance Ring --> Ring of the Warrior Thief

Lonelywood (AR9100) battle: Alpheus (creature):
Bracers of Defense A.C. 6 --> Silver Bracers of Kedl (A.C. 5)

Castle Northwest Tower (AR9703): Harald (creature):
Morning Star +4: Defender --> Morning Star +4 of Action (hey, you lose rep!)

Castle Dungeon L4 (AR9800):
Long Bow of Marksmanship --> Long Bow +3: Repeater (I mean, come ON)
Arrows of Fire --> Confusion Arrows +3 (better...)

Dragon Temple L2 (AR9602):
Chainmail +2 --> Belt of Bones {good}
Ancient Armor --> Belt of Stones {bad}
Xactile (creature):
Mace +1 --> Morning Star of Confusion +1 (by killing)

It's easy to get carried away, so I think this works well for a little bump for those playing in HoF. I might add the missing staves as well: Staff of Besieging (especially) and The Summoner's Staff, but I don't see a logical area to fit these in yet. Near Infinity is great for doing these repair jobs, so thanks go to Jon Olav Hauglid here.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote