Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
kondrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sory for the stupidity of this question but, haven't really found that out anywhere in the boards and neither in the manual.

So how many times can i change my clas, e.g. can i be a mage then a pala, a ranger, a ninja and something more or not ??
kondrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 11:53 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

You can change your class as many times as you like. The only limitation, apart from stats and attributes, is that you can't be a certain class more than once per character. [img]smile.gif[/img] And of course you can't change to the basic roles. So you can change from warrior to ninja, from ninja to ranger, from ranger to paladin, from paladin to warlord and so on. But you can't change from barbarian to ninja and then back to barbarian.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #3
kondrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe gooood
thx WillowIX
Old 02-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
kondrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh sh*t, wilow just advanced in forum rank
hm, i liked the beholder pic more [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, kondrix!!!

One of the great things about W&W is the flexible character development! You can be all the classes but as Willow said, you cannot go back to a class you have been (unless you reset the adventures, then the history of what classes you have been disappears and all that remains is the class your character currently is).
Do remember to get the high level spells before changing class. You don't need all the spells and some aren't worth getting at all, but it's always wise to get all the spells you want for a particular class before changing to another that does not also learn that spell rhelm.

Wyv
Old 02-25-2004, 03:06 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the board, kondrix! May your adventures in the Gael Serrn fuel fantasies for centuries to come...

As has been said, you can be as many classes as you want. Your journal only shows the last three (or maybe four) classes, but you retain the skills and abilities. And aside from the basic four classes (warrior, wizard, priest, and rogue), you can return to each class after you reset adventures.

In most of my games, I've been just about everything -- ninja, samurai, barbarian, paladin, ranger, warlock, monk, and special (assassin, zenmaster, and valkyrie). My current Den of Thieves game will remain rogues, except for one who will become an assassin. That should be a lot more challenging...

And Willow! I love what you've done with your hair! It smells so much... fresher
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board from me as well. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I believe the information given to you by the distinguished board members above is more than sufficient.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Er, a Warlord? Is there a such guild? I accidentally found my loooooooong lost manual and I don't see it listed anywhere, and I don't remember seeing it pop up as one of the guilds you can change to.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 PM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Er, a Warlord? Is there a such guild? I accidentally found my loooooooong lost manual and I don't see it listed anywhere, and I don't remember seeing it pop up as one of the guilds you can change to.
Warlords will of course be able to access the Wizard's guild in the Magic shoppes.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:33 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Warlords will of course be able to access the Wizard's guild in the Magic shoppes. [/QUOTE]Sorry, but I still don't get what you mean .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote