Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Prophecy Fulfilled

Being the forty-fifth chapter of Stackman’s adventures

In which the latest Gael Serran field kitchen invention is demonstrated and in which the assassin makes a crucial discovery.

(Also expatiating upon the forty-fifth chapter of Bungleau’s Solo Warrior Saga).

As Stackman and his party entered Cet’s den it was filled with blue smoke and a stark sulphuric odour – clear signs that the black fire had been unleashed in vast quantities. Kerah was slowly raising herself from the floor while Anephas stood paralyzed watching. Kerah looked broken as she stood there stooping. The zenmaster was relieved – Missy Hissy had not struck them down in anger. ”So this was Cet’s den”, said Stackman ”…and now it is mine”. They all proceeded further into the chamber while Stackman walked up and sat himself on Cet’s throne. ”I would appreciate it if you would leave us!”, he said to Kerah and Anephas. They looked up, clearly not expecting that behaviour. But Kerah was too exhausted to argue. They bowed their heads and left the pyramid.

”The Great Stack is now mine”, continued Stackman, ”I claim it for my own”. ”You have done well, and you shall be well rewarded”, he said to his party. ”But first there is one last thing you must do”. ”As I came down the corridor towards this room I caught a glimpse of a demon imp”. ”You must rid this holy Stack of the last of Cet’s minions”. ”I have things to do in Brimloch Roon”. ”Return there once you are done, but for Heaven’s sake do not return to this pyramid once you leave”. ”I have not installed the patch so you will be trapped forever if you do”. The valkyrie nodded and the party left the room.

They proceeded towards the great Stack within the Stack. They worked their way up the stack killing a few terror-stricken imps. Finally they came to the chamber where Cet’s favourite pets were laid to rest. The valkyrie disposed of one of the partially rotted mummies that could not have chosen a worse time to wake up. Suddenly something caught the assassin’s keen eye.

”Look here”, he said and drew forth a partially withered scroll of parchment from the hand of one of the embalmed mummies. ”That looks familiar”, the warlock said. She looked at it for a while trying to recall what it reminded her of. Then she looked in her backpack and eventually found what she was looking for – the scroll given to them by Ala-Shakahn. ”So that watery mermaid was not so far off after all”, said the barbarian snapping his fingers. ”Let us see what this one says”, said the warlock as she took the parchment from the assassin’s hand and began to read.

”It is in ancient Gael Serranic”, said the warlock. ”What is that?”, asked the assassin. ”That is English using a lot of phrases appertaining to the role-playing genre”, replied the warlock. ”Oh, I see”, said the assassin and started biding the time with his yo-yo. ”It is a prophecy proclaiming the downfall of Cet”, said the warlock after reading the document. ”Does it say anything about us?”, asked the valkyrie. ”Well, it does mention the Mortal Hope – but that is rather vague and could also refer to Missy Hissy”, replied the warlock. ”What about Stackman?”, asked the barbarian. ”No, he is not mentioned”, said the warlock. ”Hey, that is just as vague as Harespia’s predictions”, said the bard and the rest agreed. ”Perhaps it might even have been her that orchestrated this whole adventure”, he continued. The others laughed, amused by the thought. ”But if the outcome of our adventures has been predicted a long time ago I cannot help but feeling that we are just insignificant pawns in a great game”, remarked the barbarian. ”You are right”, said the valkyrie, and they all paused for a moment pondering the greatness of the Ironworks Gods who were capable of manipulating their lives to such an extent.

As the last of the prophecy was read out the corpse of the mummy holding it burst into flames. ”And they have even got self-igniting mummies here – perfect for cooking a meal”, remarked the bard, ”no wonder Stackman wanted this place”. ”That was caused by the fulfilment of the prophecy”, said the valkyrie thoughtful. ”Then that must mean that this is, or was, Cet’s body”. ”Sad to think”, said the zenmaster. ”He certainly was not wearing as well as the Mother of Crabs”, he continued with a sigh.

”I guess that concludes our mission here”, said the valkyrie as the last smouldering embers of Cet’s body were extinguished. ”That means we can never enter this building again?”, asked the zenmaster. ”Not unless the Reset Adventure button comes into action”, replied the valkyrie. ”Until then!”, said the barbarian and motioned towards the stairway leading down. ”I really do not mind that it is over and that we can never return”, said the bard as they walked towards the exit, ”I never really liked this pyramid… Do not tell Stackman that, though”. ”Do not worry – we will not”, they all replied as the warlock flipped the exit lever.

Although it was still raining slightly as the adventurers stepped out into the open air, the clouds were receding and the first ray of sunlight was visible on the horizon. Their adventures were at an end (for now). They disappeared in the sparks of a call of home spell to receive the praise of the people of Brimloch Roon.

[ 02-07-2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 02-07-2004, 11:22 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Do not worry. It is not entirely over yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-07-2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 02-07-2004, 11:46 AM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Do not worry. It is not entirely over yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh, but it's so close .
Great chapter, anyway.

Quote:
”And they have even got self-igniting mummies here – perfect for cooking a meal”
Yum! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #4
macoati
Manshoon

Very nice! Eagerly do I await the finale(s)...
Old 02-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Stackman's party doesn't like the great stack!!

Oh, we will have to keep that a secret!

Great chapter!!! I like the new field kitchen concept, but I think I will refrain from doing marshmallows. lol!!!

I don't want it to end!!!

Wyv