Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Oh don't get me started with dentists. 4 years ago I had a dentist check, and she said that I have no 5s, nowhere. More than a year ago then, I had a physical check-up, and when the guy was counting my teeth, he went "Upper left now, one OK. Two OK. Three OK. Four OK. Five OK." and there I interrupted "Ghal! Whla!(me having his mirror and pick in my mouth) Fives? You0're saying I have fives? Could you please count them?" Yep, you guessed, I have all my teeth here and accounted for... Dentists are stupid.
And as for the wisdom teeth, my lower right is starting to pop out, I can feel the teeth making room.
Not that this defends anyone, but the original dentist talking about "fives" may not have been talking about teeth, but rather a measurement. That metal pole that they shove into your gums is a measuring stick, and they're checking to see how much the gum is pulling away from the teeth. If you're getting fives (five millimeters of depth), you ain't doin' so good. Ones and twos are the best numbers, which mean that your gums are hugging your teeth nicely.

*edit* Forgot to add that high numbers indicate the existence of gingivitis and/or periodontal disease */edit*

The second dentist was probably actually counting your teeth, since they often refer to them by tooth number (one through 32). Sounds like he was checking and tooth one was okay, as was two, and three, and four, and... hey! Jump like that again when I've got tools in your mouth, and you'll have problems, buddy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-05-2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ack, military doctors/dentists....had my fill of them as an air force brat and I know what you're talking about!

I love my current dentist. He did about 2 hrs of surgery to remove 3 of my wisdom teeth and even though that's the worse story I have for dentists, it was still not as bad as I've heard from others! I had my first out as an emergency pull, so I know what you mean , aleph...OUCH!

[ 11-05-2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-05-2004, 04:10 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

No no, she specifically said my upper left and right, and the lower left and right number five teeth were non-existent, and that there is even no room for them to grow. Make no mistake, I did not misunderstand this malcompetent buffoon.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... well, I know that here in the US, you only have one number five tooth. The others would be 12, 21, and 28. Perhaps things are different where you are....

And for what it's worth, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed at the same time... by Doctor Fear [img]smile.gif[/img]

He asked if I wanted anasthesia... I said "Knock me out!". When I counted down from 100, I got to 93 before they started taking the cotton out of my mouth and waking me up
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:57 AM   #15
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Being a big mouth salesman, all mine came in fine

I do have to go and get some root work canal done. I had 3 crowns put in and 2 are infected 'cos the dick didn't do the root canal at that time. He also didn't install one of them correctly and I've chipped 4 pieces off in my sleep. It's a shame I don't live near him anymore, but very lucky for him, the dick!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:32 AM   #16
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm... well, I know that here in the US, you only have one number five tooth. The others would be 12, 21, and 28. Perhaps things are different where you are....
Yes, things are different, here they count from number 1 lower left, right or Upper left right(the front 4 teeth).