Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 07:30 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I'm undecided between light, medium and heavy armor. Laugh at me! I bough Morrowind 3 weeks ago and since that day I'm still creating character. I'm a chronic restarter. But this time, for my 83rd character I'm very determined right now! I'm thinking about 2 characters.

First one is a sneaky character. Knows how to pick locks, how to move silently and he stabs his enemies from the back in shadow! Wears light leaves no trace in snow. Draws his ebony dagger and then a shadow figure appears in the wall..Wow!!

SKILLS

*Sneak (rises fast if maj skill)
*Security (must)
*Marksman (cool)
*Shortblade (best for a rogue, plus raises fast)
*Speechraft (a good way to increase your personality)

*Armorer
*Restoration
*?
*Athlethics
*Light Armor (it scares me a little bit, light armors should be weak in my opinion I mean in other RPG's light armors were always the worse armor. I dont want to a weak character so maybe at least I got to get medium armor? Can I sneak with heavy armor?? With light armor I'll be able to wear only light and glass that's a big penalty!!)

Second one is a heavy melee fighter. He's not a barb (not barby! I mean barbarian character. Also a good speechman. He's charming with his charisma, kissing young ladies' hands, encourages others with his leadership. In battefield he draws his sword and..and very strong yes his enemies feel uh..huh..err very scared he fires his bow with mighty err whatever I didnt make up something this time [img]smile.gif[/img] )

SKILLS

Longblade (cool)
Marksman (fun)
Security (must)
Heavy Armor (heavy fighter)
Speechcraft (easy)

Armorer (easy)
Acrobatics (easy to increase)
Athletics (easy to increase)
Restoration (even a fighter with low mana can practice this skill and increse willpower)
Block (is it useful?)

I'm undecided between those 2 characters. Help me

*One more thing, In a message I read about merchant is totaly useless because it lets you buy cheap but also lets you sell cheap too. Is it true? And does it increase every time you go to shop? Or every time you made a barter? You suggeset merchantile?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

-you can still sneak successfully with heavy armour. as long as your sneak is 100.

-merchantile is not useless, it helps in making prices of training skill lower from skill teachers throughtout the land. also, there is a npc named creeper where he'll buy goods from you at cost price.

-1st character will make the game too slow, 2nd is more to my liking.IMO.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

What about light/heavy armors?
Is there good light armors in game?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 02-10-2003, 07:49 PM   #4
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

glass armor and some enchanted light armor. My char in a assassin at lvl 110 with all skills maxed at 100 and full light armor.

And damn 83rd char in 3 weeks... now that has to be a record
Old 02-10-2003, 07:53 PM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

The biggest damn thing is, yep it has been 3 weeks and STILL I haven't started to game!! I'm a chronic restarter. I'm thinking about a sneaky character like yours but only thing makes me think is will I miss powerful shiny shiny heavy armors? or there's lots of good light armors in game? encourage me, my friend!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

I`m a chronic restarter too.. but not nearly that bad! Hah! Try sticking with the Mage (no armor)/Thief (light armor)/Warrior (heavy armor) distinction, or pick a prefab class. Making a custom warrior will make the game easier for you, but I think a theif would be more interesting. Just pick one and decide to stick with it.

BTW - if you`re going to use heavy armor and be a warrior forget about sneaking. Warriors do not sneak! Warriors are virtuous and straight forward! ..Unless you want to be a 'rouge', then try a theif like class.

[ 02-10-2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Rolandthemad ]
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:25 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

yes, glass armour is the best light armour in non tribunal game.

look at B_part character screenshot at the other topic to know how glass armour look like.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Sneak gives me trouble! I'm not a silent character! I decided to play as a noble knight. I'll wear all heavy armors [img]smile.gif[/img] ) shiny shiny full plate and packing steel!! rats squeak fighters not!
Old 02-11-2003, 09:15 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

in case you haven't notice, high sneak skill plus high markmanship skill is a deadly combination. when you sneak and fire an arrow at an enemy, if the enemy don't die outright , the enemy may just run around not knowing where to go even if you are just 3 feet away.

also, a high sneak plus any high melee weapon skill is also a deadly combination. when you sneak up an enemy you can perform a critical damage that will usually kill any enemy outright.

[ 02-11-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 02-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #10
perk31
Manshoon

I hadn't thought about using sneak with a bow, but the melee attach when you sneak up on someone is excellent.