Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 12:11 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just look at those pouty, succulent lips!
Mmmm...Mmmm!!

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:50 PM   #22
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Dont fight for Aerie guys she's all ours We can clone Aerie with high technology good idea yeah and I'll have aerie for my harem ehehe
Old 09-10-2001, 01:07 PM   #23
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Better idea

Colne 2 for me
Old 09-10-2001, 03:23 PM   #24
oldbittercraig
Elminster

Imho she's too whiny and a stopgap character at best. She certainly is useful with both mage and priest spells, but she's a double edged sword, as she advances abyssmally slowly and will get left in the dust by single class characters...

I have her as a back-up healer/spelltosser in about half my parties.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:39 PM   #25
hagimihale
Manshoon

LOL Zoltan - my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) has slighty larger than normal ears that tend to peek out from within her hair. A decidedly elfin look, to be sure! =)
Old 09-10-2001, 03:41 PM   #26
PoesRaven
Manshoon

I find her useful until you get into the tougher battles, where she has a habit of dying quickly. If you persist with her to the underdark and on to TOB, then she becomes deadly with AC-10.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:37 PM   #27
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

give her a sling plus five, a shield of deflection, cast stoneskin, give her gauntlets of ogre power, girdle of constitution, and........... ok, you are right, she sux. better to just make your own cleric/mage, there are PLENTY of fighters to be found in this game.

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-10-2001, 04:59 PM   #28
Tuor
Elminster

Forget who said it but rather tha tool Aerie up with loads of girdles of strength and other fighter gear then casting loads of protection spells on her and sending her into battle why not just give the gear to say....erm.....a fighter and use her to cast spells like FINGER OF DEATH, DISINTEGRATE or DEATH SPELL at your opponents, I think you'll find she's far better at that.

It's horses for courses-you don't use your fighter to cast spells do you-no because they're crap at it. So don't use a cleric/mage to fight monsters toe to toe because they'll die (frequently)

Incidently if you are casting two or three protection spells on Aerie then sending her into combat what are your other characters doing? Surely the opponents should be well on the way to being dead by the time you've cast that lot? Therefore its pointless casting the bloody spells in the first place.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:53 PM   #29
DEADMAN
Manshoon

she is best as a support character, i have her tooled up, mostly because my warriors dont need it but. She is great as everyone has said as a backup. Offesive punch with her mage spells, some good cleric spells and its nice having some run around with a heal spell when your fighters are getting whooped. Plus another reson to have her tooled up is because you never know how a fight is going to go.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:47 PM   #30
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
Incidently if you are casting two or three protection spells on Aerie then sending her into combat what are your other characters doing? Surely the opponents should be well on the way to being dead by the time you've cast that lot? Therefore its pointless casting the bloody spells in the first place.
Spell sequencers. It's easy enough to have a spell sequencer prepared with a stoneskin and two fireshields in it. They are cast instantly upon activation of the sequencer so there's no need to wait. Also, stoneskin lasts for hours (that's in-game hours) so you don't need to fill up multiple spell slots with 'em.

Fighters are rarely in need of items such as the girdles of giant strength. What is the point in setting my strength to 19 when it is already 19? Therefore, equipping Aerie with one means she can use better shields, carry a hell of a lot more and stand a chance of packing a punch in combat. Note also that Cleric is a semi-combat class, which gives her a reasonable THACO. There are also one or two clerical spells specifically designed to make the caster more effective in combat. Even if I have given her all of the above, she is still more then capable of hurling spells around. Though frankly, spells such as finger of death become less useful towards the end of the games since enemy saving throws are so low.

I am not saying that she can hope to be as effective in combat a single class fighter in magic plate swinging a +4 Two Handed sword, but supporting such a warrior both by healing, casting offensive spells and landing a few blows herself she becomes an exceedingly versatile addition to the party. I do not believe it's a waste of time tooling her up, nor would I agree that sending her into combat results in frequent death.

DEADMAN summed it up pretty well:

Quote:
Originally posted by DEADMAN:
you never know how a fight is going to go.
------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."