Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #121
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, Gobble Gobble! November 18, 2008

Afternoon, all!

We had that same warm wave hit, melting almost all the snow. A bit came back, and as it turns out, there was enough to go skiing with the kids today. Quite a bit of fun, even if I crashed twice And the slopes were practically deserted!

First time I lost my balance, second time... who knows? All I know is I lost both skis and left one of 'em ten yards back up the hill At least I didn't break anything...

Enjoying some time off right now, and getting ready to get things going in the new year
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #122
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
Things are good here Johnny,
I got a touch of the flu, but I'm off this week, so I'll try to recover fast. We had a nice sunny day here today. ..must have been in the 40s!

I'd be happy to keep your girlfriend in my prayers if you like?

Oh, and if you're both using Skype, it's free for as long as you want to talk.
Yes i know, but i only have skype on the pc, i don't have a skypephone yet, but that's on it's way. So when we go to bed, we usually talk on the phone until we literally fall asleep LOL
Old 12-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #123
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
Yes i know, but i only have skype on the pc, i don't have a skypephone yet, but that's on it's way. So when we go to bed, we usually talk on the phone until we literally fall asleep LOL
you kids today...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #124
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Evening all. Or should I say, 2:42 am here.
Since going home I've found I'm going to bed at 5am and not waking up till midday. And bad news is, I'm meeting a friend tommorrow about half ten... Which means a 9am start... I am going to need that coffee.

This is the same friend I last met nearly three weeks ago, who, while we were having a fight (which we often do for a laugh) grabbed my ankle and twisted my foot round. Hard. And misjudged how much he had done it because I was wearing boots. I was fine that day, it ached a bit, but I happily walked around on it (in heels) for several hours.
Got in the car. Went home.
Got out of the car.

"Oooooh, sonova... Ashley you git!"

I still can't put weight on it well, and like I say, this was nearly three weeks ago.

Considering he did this to someone else shortly after and they were fine a couple of days later, I am starting to wonder what he did exactly.

So it doesn't sound just like I am complaining - My boyfriend Zoril and I celebrated two years together on the 21st. Well, I say celebrated. I mean he burnt his hand on the stove and I got mildly drunk with his 13 year old sister and talked to his dad about the menace of sheep burrowing up from underground through solid concrete(to be fair, he was sober and started it), while Zoril got cream and Baileys in his beard.

Johnny - Ow, hope your girlfriend is okay and she recovers soon. Not being able to eat solids sucks.

2:46am. Guess I should be getting some sleep, huh?

EDIT - It was an 8am start. I have had three and a half hours sleep. Aaargh...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 12-30-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #125
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

So I've got this wood cube puzzle. My brother dropped by for a visit today, and took it apart. Before he could put it back together, he had to leave and pick up his wife at the airport. I'm stuck with a puzzle in pieces, I can't recall how to put it back together or what it's specifically called to look up a solution. Generalized searches have turned up squat.

On the bright side, weather's been beautiful.

Scratch that whole first section, I found it and fixed it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 12-31-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #126
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Happy pre new year everyone! Going to try to figure out how to hook up my daughters new alarm clock. She's deaf but we found one thats for hearing impared / deaf people. It shakes the bed and has a sonic boom for an alarm. The evil part of me wants to try the boom alarm just to see how loud it is and to see the cats reaction.
http://www.dailywav.com/0900/boombaby.wav
Old 12-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #127
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot033 View Post
Happy pre new year everyone! Going to try to figure out how to hook up my daughters new alarm clock. She's deaf but we found one thats for hearing impared / deaf people. It shakes the bed and has a sonic boom for an alarm. The evil part of me wants to try the boom alarm just to see how loud it is and to see the cats reaction.
http://www.dailywav.com/0900/boombaby.wav
I'm happy to hear about the alarm clock, but sad about your daughter. How old is she and has she always been deaf?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #128
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I love your evil side, toot033... Gonna set it while kitty is sleeping? Oh, wait... cats are almost always sleeping...

That link's gone away, but I was able to google for a short video. Looks nice.... although it wasn't *quite* the boom I was hoping to inflict on the cat hear...

I'll be waiting for the field test report...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #129
wellard
Dracolisk

this cafe is like so last year

I with Bung, I want the test results asap from you toot!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #130
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
I'm happy to hear about the alarm clock, but sad about your daughter. How old is she and has she always been deaf?
She started off with hearing aides at 18 months and now has 2 cochlear implants. So when the implants are off or the batteries die, she can't hear. FYI the boom was not what I expected. My wife and daughter set it off at 2 A.M this morning and it woke me up out of a sound sleep but that was 2 rooms a way. The cat was slightly disturbed at the time ( she was sound asleep at my feet and was NOT a happy camper!).
The vibrate option works great we set it for 10:00 A.M today and I heard this ACCK from my daughter's room and it woke her up from a dead sleep. The bed really shakes!