Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 04:42 PM   #1
Trinity
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, so I'm a newbie....I apologize in advance for this silly question. I don't know how to "rest" unless I'm out in the wilderness. When I rent a bed/room and try to rest, it give me the "resting here is illegal" and I just paid for the room. I don't get it... =(

I'm probably missing something very basic--i don't even know how to sneak...lol
Old 10-10-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You can rest when you're outside the walls of a town, no problem. Or do you mean you want to let the time go buy really fast ? In that case just click the option "wait". Your char won't be healed that way, but time moves on if that's what you want. Btw, welcome to I....um... Escapeforums. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 04:57 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Oops, i completely misread your post. Your problem sounds like a bug, once you've paid for the room you should be able to rest in the room appointed to you. Only other thing i can come up with is that you're in the wrong room, one that belongs to someone else, but that just sounds ridiculous. So i'd say it's a bug.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:31 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Put your cursor on the bed. Press spacebar. Click on 'rest until healed' or adjust to the number of hours you want to sleep. That should do it.

Oh - and you sneak by holding down Control while walking forwards.

You will find all this info in your game manual. Page 41 for Resting - only it doesn't actually tell you to use spacebar! It's a pretty rubbishy manual - and page 4 shows the keys for the movements.

[ 10-10-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Fljotsdale ]
Old 10-10-2002, 11:06 PM   #5
Trinity
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Johnny and Fljotdale...I'll give the "rest" a try. If it is a bug, Johnny, what patch do you suggest I download? And Fljotdale, guess I should read the mannual...lol...i just get too anxious to play and figure that I'll figure it out as I go along...yet in my anxiousness, I've managed to lose my manual..
=( --->dork

Thanks for all your help!

=)

Trinity
Old 10-11-2002, 07:39 AM   #6
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

When you rent a room, there is always a room with a door in the inn, which is labelel "unlocked". This is your room. If you rest in another romm, you will get problems.

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I hate Inns cuz i don't like sleeping in the mangy beds there. Rooms are free at the temples.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:35 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity:
Thanks Johnny and Fljotdale...I'll give the "rest" a try. If it is a bug, Johnny, what patch do you suggest I download? And Fljotdale, guess I should read the mannual...lol...i just get too anxious to play and figure that I'll figure it out as I go along...yet in my anxiousness, I've managed to lose my manual..
=( --->dork

Thanks for all your help!

=)

Trinity
Check out www.morrowindfiles.com maybe you can find usefull tips about that problem there. But so far i've never heard about a bug that doesn't allow you to rest in an inn. But hey... you never know, so check it out. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:42 AM   #9
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Not accusing YOU, Trinity, just a general comment - but anyone who has a pirated game will find lots of strange bugs, judging by the number of posts I've read in other forums!
Old 10-12-2002, 01:25 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Not accusing YOU, Trinity, just a general comment - but anyone who has a pirated game will find lots of strange bugs, judging by the number of posts I've read in other forums!
Legal copies are not flawless either, just my 2 cents.