Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-02-2002, 07:41 AM   #1
Odin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, just realised that my unarmored, light armor, medium armor and heavy armor are all red and VERY low. Went to temple in Vivec, paid for every blessing you can get, had no effect. I got "it" in the mission where you go to a place to retreive a shield for a man in the urshilaku camp. Do not want to spoil to much here. Anyway, I have a save game where I am ok, but that is a few hours of gaming lost. Can't belive that I did not see this earlier. So, can I get my skill levels back without reverting to the saved game and lose playtime.
Sorry for all the questions, this game is just so biiiig.
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:29 AM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

There are two things you can do:

1. You can download the second patch. After this, you can get your levels restored at any Divine or Almsivi shrine. This ONLY works if you have the second patch.

2. You can retrain your armour skills - which is what I did before I knew about the patch. This has some advantages: a) because you are starting with a zero score it is cheap to train. a) it seems to be cheaper than it was originally. I think this is because your score stays red, no matter how much you train it. c) When you afterwards get the patch and restore your skill levels at an alter, you have beautifully high armour levels for relatively low expenditure!

Oh - and ditch the sword that caused the problem! You don't want it to hapen again, lol! Sorry - I can't remember the name of it, but you shouldn't have a problem identifying it!

[ 10-02-2002, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Fljotsdale ]
Old 10-02-2002, 09:15 AM   #3
Odin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aaah, fekk, I thought I remembered something with an odd enchantment, never realised it is a weapon. I'll replay it then, only a few hours wasted, no biggie really. That was a nasty one. Thanx a million for the info. Helps me a lot.
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:36 AM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You're welcome!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
andora20
Manshoon

Hello Odin. Good to whave someone else here from the Emerald Isle!!! The same thing happened to me but I found another way without having to replay from the last save. If you know the original values of your armour skills try this. Go to the Console menue by hitting the ` key on the keyboard. Then type in setheavyarmor "" and put in your heavy armour value you had before in between the "". Try the same with your other armour skills. It maybe already too late though....
Old 10-03-2002, 06:36 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

erm am i right in thinking that if something does lower your skills (hasnt happened to me yet) that you will then be able to level up in addition?

ie i lose 20 points of light armour which is a primary skill but that now enables me to gain another two levels? if so excellent [img]smile.gif[/img] as training some armour here and there is certainly not a problem [img]smile.gif[/img] and being able to gain levels like that is great, atm im lvl 66 or so and am looking at another 8 levels max before i cannot level anymore i think
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote