Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 01:38 AM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Wow!!!!! is all I have to say. I watched the movie Serenity, and I had to see more, so I bought the complete series, which was only one season. But I now am addicted. I can't wait for more movies to come out. If you like sci-fi you'll really like this, and I suggest you check it out. It humor and sci-fi and action all rolled into one. Good good stuff!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Yeah, I recently got the DVD-box myself, and now we have weekly firefly nights (we return to episode 1 when a new person joins our 'circle'). This week, we're going to watch the last episode. Lets hope Serenity will soon be released on DVD. Unfortunately, more movies are not likely, as Serenity was everything but a succes in the cinema.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Serenity was released stateside dec 23rd (just barely in time for x-mas)
Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I've got them all as well. On the other Serenity thread buried here somewhere, there are links to forums for the fans of the shows and movie...and rumor has it that they are trying to get the show reborn on the air as a weekly show. </font>
Old 02-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Target
Red Dragon

I agree, it is a great series and the movie was superb as well. I really hope there will be more.
On the DVD front, Serenity is out in the UK TODAY!!! (27-02-06)I've ordered mine I hope it's on the doorstep when I get home. The cheapest place I found was WWW.DVD.co.uk £11.85 I think.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just finished watching the series (borrowed the dvd set from friends) and rented the movie and we (hubby, myself and a good friend) all liked it alot. Shame it only went the one season because a lot of things would have been slowly revealed and we might have got a bigger picture before the events of the movie occured.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

well it looks like Fox intentially killed it, bad time slot, showing the episodes out of order, etc etc
Old 02-27-2006, 03:12 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I need to get the movie. After I saw it in theatres, I got the Firefly boxed set, and loved every minute of it. Savvy, good sci-fi. These guys have seen all the stupid sci-fi movie mistakes, so they don't make them.

Early on examples were:
- Mel says, "If I'm not back in an hour..." (this is where most sci fi heroes say, "go on without me" but mel says) "... take the ship and come rescue me."
I love that!
- Putting the guy through the engine -- that was rockin'.

Anyway, the fact that this show didn't last for 10 years on TV is a darned shame.

-- Take my life, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, 'cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #9
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

We can only hope that someone will realise what a great show this is and give it life again
Old 02-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

latest rumors are that a sequel will be made in conjunction with the scifi network. Whedon's camp denies it though. I hope they make something. I can't get enough of the series. I really wish they would do another season or 10 of it for television, that would really make me happy [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe we can get the all powerful Choc working on it.