Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2000, 09:04 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Here I am playing my second game and foraying around the stout minds when of course I run into Raskallion who has dug his tunnel into the King's treasury. Obviously a wicked stout. And so I pondered while I stole the dragon ore back from the King for the forth time to have him make yet another dragon armor, and pilfered the King's vault key just what I should do about Raskallion. Best to not make a hasty decision so I delayed while rooting through the chests of treasure and loading up on gold bars just what was Raskallion doing that I should be the one to judge him, that I should bring cosmic justice to his errant ways. I don't even have a quest to kill him, that I know of. And really, what harm can he do now?? There isn't anything left in the treasure room for him to steal from the King so in fact he's innocent!!

Such decisions weigh heavily upon me.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2000, 09:56 AM   #2
Astyanax12

A priest writes...

You are on a Divine Mission so you take only what you need to save the world (i.e. everything you can lay your hands on)

Raskallion is a foul thief who is only interested in enriching himself. He has betrayed the trust of his King and he has even betrayed the wicked followers of the Hand! He deserves to die for all his treachery and misdeeds.

Thieves are a wicked parasite on the backside of civilization. They deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered as an example to all who would upset the righteous (and rich).

... apart from any thieves in your party of course, who are just colourful light-fingered rogues who love their mummies and who would never steal milk from babies.

Kill the sucker!
Old 11-18-2000, 10:06 AM   #3
Astyanax12

A lawyer writes...

The facts are simple, Raskallion, with malice aforethought, did, on the said date. Break and enter the Kings treasury. It is true that he unable to escape with his ill-gotten gains due to two factors. One, that he was unable to transport the heavy gold across a body of water that was blocking his escape route and, two, because the party of the first part (you) comandeered the treasure for a worthy cause, leaving him with no return on his dishonesty. However, an important factor in legal circles is the concept of 'mens rea' or, to put it crudely, the intention to do wrong. This was quite apparent in his unforced confession to the party of the first part. Indeed it was this confession which allowed the said party to secure the treasure for themselves. Accordingly Raskallion stands guilty by his own words and thus the sentence is clear.

Kill the sucker.
Old 11-18-2000, 10:14 AM   #4
Astyanax12

A barbarian grunts...

Crush told by pretty woman with big wings to kill Bad Man.

Crush needs to become assass.. assann.. ass..., err, good killer so Crush can kill Bad Man.

Crush need big, pretty knife to become good killer.

Crush need to kill Rask.. Rashkk..., err, nasty dwarf, to get big, pretty knife.

Crush kill!
Old 11-18-2000, 11:52 AM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Should anyone reprimand me when my turn comes to put the little fellow out of his misery, my defense will be the voices told me to do it.
Old 11-18-2000, 07:37 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Astyanax!!!

You changed your thief to a LAWYER?? OOOO even more deadly than an assassin!! Which thief guild allowed you to do that and how high a level in that guild did you have to be AND what was the lawyer quest??????

That's got to be better than Zenmaster!!!

Such fun!!!

Wyv
Old 11-21-2000, 05:11 AM   #7
Astyanax12

The promotion to lawyer is from the legal guild in the town hall of Ishad N'ha. The first quest requires you to prove that the dragon was innocent of the murder of Grunaxe. The second requires you to settle the fight between Cet and Anephas by arbitration and an out of court settlement, without awarding Kerah custody of any voodoo dolls - and the third (and hardest) requires you to settle the florida vote in a way which is acceptable to both parties. I never managed to do the last one but it didn't stop me being promoted to the elite role of supreme court justice, this has to be a bug.
Old 11-21-2000, 06:50 AM   #8
Regis
Welcomed New User

No, it's a transitory Guild Quest...from Supreme Court Justice, you have to become a Ninja, then go back.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2000, 07:48 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

And let me guess - Once you actually become a Lawyer you can learn "Double Speak", right??? Which has to be twice as effective as "quick speak" since it confuses the monsters while you're loading up one of your spells?? OOOO I want this quest!! but I know I am not qualified!!

What are the minimum stat requirements???

Wyv
Old 11-21-2000, 01:48 PM   #10
xenotoca

Only problem with becoming a lawyer is you are then subject to being taken hostage along with other laywers by terrorists. They state that if their demands are not met they will release one every hour.