Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-07-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Not sure if this is widely known, but just for the heck of it, I will mention it.

So I had a Bard in my party, and we meet Elisin, the sea-spirit. I thought to myself, let us roleplay a bit and send my Bard to talk to Elisin, since they are both singers. I was not expecting anything, as this was just for a lark, but lo and behold, there was a new dialogue option where you sing to her.

2400 Xp, for communicating in song to her.

Then as the conversation continued, my Bard insists that Elisin prove her words to be true, you can either ask her to teach your Bard her song, or to give your party a physical token. Since I am having a good party, I chose the song option.

2400 Xp, for getting Elisin to teach you her song.

Heh, heh... an easy 4,800 Xp in the beginning of the game.

On a sidenote... holy smoly! 2140 Xp for killing a beetle?!?! And the beetles... the beetles... haha... 12 damage... heh... beetles... goblins... hahahaha... HoF mode should be fine... heeheeheehee... Orcs... so many Orcs... Orcs everywhere.... hehheeheeheehee... ...

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 09:46 AM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Yes, I discovered the bard's options during the first hour of my first game in IWD. Since my bard had the highest charisma (of course) I was having her speak with everyone. What a great boost! Also, have a dwarf speak to people in the tavern when you first begin and have an elf speak to Everain in the inn.

Possible Spoiler Alert
When you finally discover the Temple of Eldath, have a paladin speak to the first person you meet. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 02:39 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Game Spoilers
~
~
~
~
Just to add, when you investigate the mystery of the Kuldahar Tavern, use your Paladin to talk to the Halfling owner after you get the ring. The following dialogue is rather humourous.

HoW Spoilers
~
~
~
~
Use a Dwarf to talk to the blind Dwarf. If you play your cards right, you can get the blind dwarf to build a custom weapon for you. There are several options for you to choose from.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:41 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoilers:
The weapon choices vary depending on the class of the character that talks to Tiernan. A dwarf gets a hammer as an added choice, a druid gets a scimitar as an added choice, etc. But if a dwarf talks to Tiernan, he actually gets an added dialogue string if he asks about Tiernan's clan / history which is worth added xp. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:13 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

Bard in Easthaven: have your bard talk to anyone else, they'll be so happy to hear your song about your journey to Easthaven they'll give you a gem.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 06:02 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
Bard in Easthaven: have your bard talk to anyone else, they'll be so happy to hear your song about your journey to Easthaven they'll give you a gem.

-- Nifft

Some other things like this: talk to a random commoner in Easthaven with either a Gnome or Halfling, and you can get a knucklehead trout if you choose the right dialog option. A Dwarf can get a gem too, by saying that he's going to set up an expedition to investigate Dorn's Deep and needs funds.

And if you talk with a Bard with high enough CHA to the drunken fisherman, you can actually get him off the booze. This doesn't reward more XP than giving him a bottle of wine, but it's the 'right' thing to do for a good-aligned party.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 06:33 AM   #7
Glorfindel

Actually Im not so sure about the Blind Dwarf Smith... Because I had an Elven Ranger talking to him and I got the scimitar
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 07:59 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer

I didn't try the dialogue with a straight class ranger, but it wouldn;t surprise me if the ranger got the scimitar option as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 10:28 AM   #9
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yet another one: speak to the Ogre Ghereg, in the tower in Kuldahar Pass, with a Druid. You'll get a dialog option that's quite humorous, and this will net you far more XP than you'll get for just killing him to boot.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 12:03 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Yet another one: speak to the Ogre Ghereg, in the tower in Kuldahar Pass, with a Druid. You'll get a dialog option that's quite humorous, and this will net you far more XP than you'll get for just killing him to boot.
Why kill him, when you can just leave him alone, go to Kuldahar, talk to the Arch-Druid, get a recipe for Ogre-painkillers from him, go back to the Ogre and give the recipe to him? It is so much easier!