Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Congressman loses his nut on the House floor

Saying it's either one or the other party's fault is grossly inaccurate. Bottomline both pary's are to blame. And neither would have made their own stupid decisions without the other to contend against.

As has been stated, and displayed on these forums, the parties are too hung up in the us vs. them mindset. IF, and that's a big majorly unlikely if, they could get over that and actually discuss ideas and contemplate the end result things might actually become productive.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
And prolly lose the vote just like he did? Wow! Talk about an inability to understand American politics. This vote was for first responders, not big money, so he has failed his people!
Incorrect.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #13
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Congressman loses his nut on the House floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Saying it's either one or the other party's fault is grossly inaccurate. Bottomline both pary's are to blame. And neither would have made their own stupid decisions without the other to contend against.

As has been stated, and displayed on these forums, the parties are too hung up in the us vs. them mindset. IF, and that's a big majorly unlikely if, they could get over that and actually discuss ideas and contemplate the end result things might actually become productive.
But, there's one party that is more hung up than the other, you have to admit.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Whatever. These are BS claims by the first responders anyway. It's like the whole asbestos hoax or climate change. "Oh, one day I was in NY and it was really dusty because some building fell down and now I can't breathe right." Boo hoo. Cry me a river. Liberal namby pamby communist wusses.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Incorrect.
More than incorrect, it's incoherent. I can't understand what his point is.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post

Yeah but realistically that's never going to happen. They're all clowns and I loathe them all.

Quote:
But, there's one party that is more hung up than the other, you have to admit.
I don't think that is quite true at all. I think the Republican party started the fight with regards to this specific bill, but both parties act like spoiled children.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Do we ever? One word answers are easier.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Sunglass Man Re: Congressman loses his nut on the House floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretMaster View Post

I don't think that is quite true at all. I think the Republican party started the fight with regards to this specific bill, but both parties act like spoiled children.
I disagree. While it may sound nice and fair to say both parties are equal in this, the right-wing are relentless, and most of the time have no message other than "we don't want what the democrats want". This is why they lost. Also, as I've said many times here, they have way more loonies willing to say and do outrageous things that reflect really badly on the party. When others in their party denounce them, they are attacked by their own. They're messed up.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
I know, I always make too many points in one response. Some people can follow, others cannot. I guess you fell off the turnip truck this time as well?

I observe, that when liberals fail, they blame. Therefore, if one fails and you say you would have done it that way, you would fail as well. Why? Because American politics are not simple. Therefore, one who does not have a full grasp of them would not understand how one party must appease the other. Furthermore, when emotions rain, the funnier it gets. Reminiscent of (D) Johnson and his fear of Guam capsizing moment of fame.

This was not a straight forward bill, and both parties pork barreled it, then both parties failed to pass it. Therefore, one who would have done it the same way, would have failed as well.

Who is more at fault? The party that required 2/3 vote and failed to achieve? Or the party who was not appeased?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Last edited by Felix The Assassin; 08-07-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post

Who is more at fault? The party that required 2/3 vote and failed to achieve? Or the party who was not appeased?
The Republicans ruined it for everyone this time. Saving a person's life transcends all human concepts of nationality, ethnicity, origin. It is a matter of empathy and concern for another life. To deny them recognition because they weren't a member of this country, even when they were still a hero, is assinine.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote