Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2003, 06:18 AM   #1
BaRoN NiGhT

Hi, All! I'm having a problem with my computer. You see, since yesterday, I couldn't get my computer to log in with my e-mail address. but the strangest thing is that, my browser seems to upload the page with strange fonts, colors and whenever I click on any URLs, it will "Page cannot be displayed" . This happens to all of the address (including hotmail) I went to, except this ironworksforum. I have scanned all of my harddrives with the lates virus definition files: 10/10/2003, but there is no such virus. I'm really begging for your help. I look forward to receiving your responses.Thank you.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:58 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

the prob is right now that most techies are not here.. just hang on there. someone can reply soon.

also pls do specify what browser, and OS your using. would help them alot

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-12-2003, 07:07 AM   #3
BaRoN NiGhT

I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer and WinMe as the OS.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Does it work if you type URLs? Do they appear to change when you click on them?

I'd try a Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware double-dose and see what happens. Smells like malware to me, just to start.

And if it is, I'd change every password you entered while you were *ahem* afflicted. Nothing more fun than having someone hijack your account...

If that's not it, respond back with more details about what exactly is happening. What do you do, how do you click or enter, and so on.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:23 AM   #5
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
Hi, All! I'm having a problem with my computer. You see, since yesterday, I couldn't get my computer to log in with my e-mail address. but the strangest thing is that, my browser seems to upload the page with strange fonts, colors and whenever I click on any URLs, it will "Page cannot be displayed" . This happens to all of the address (including hotmail) I went to, except this ironworksforum. I have scanned all of my harddrives with the lates virus definition files: 10/10/2003, but there is no such virus. I'm really begging for your help. I look forward to receiving your responses.Thank you.
I want to say 2 things. Firstly, when I said: 'my browser seems to upload the page...', I meant to say: 'my browser seems to download the page...'. I apologize for the wrong information I have given. Last one (the happiest one! ), with the help of Andrewas, I manage to fix the problem and now I can browse the internet normally! Really BIG thx to him! And thx to all of you too for the help [img]smile.gif[/img] .

PS: btw, maybe this is only my feeling, but I think my computer seems to download a page slower than it used to. But I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

[ 10-13-2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: BaRoN NiGhT ]
Old 10-13-2003, 01:50 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
PS: btw, maybe this is only my feeling, but I think my computer seems to download a page slower than it used to. But I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
this tends to happen, when you get over run with spyware, have you cleaned the history/cookies/offline folders? I do this everytime I run spybot, it helps alot afterwards