Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-05-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
Moni

She was an only daughter.
Beautiful, intelligent, charming, with a great sense of humor and a genuine talent for "telling it like it is".

She was an only sister.
Attentive to her much younger brother, always looking out for him, always protecting him, always in charge.

She was an only Aunt.
The only one I had on my dad's side of the family and the last member of his immediate family that I had.

It was she that called and gave me the news the day my dad died.
It was she that I called when her husband passed away last year to offer her my condolences and share the wonderful memories we both have of my Uncle Gene being in our lives.

She had a stroke last Thursday and was expected to recover nicely but instead, she quietly passed away this morning.
I am not grieveing because I somehow knew to be expecting the news even though I have had no contact with any of my family members and did not even know she had the stroke until I got the news of her death today.

I just wanted to make this post to tell you all what a wonderful woman I had for an aunt, what a wonderful daughter she was, a wonderful sister, a wonderful aunt and a wonderful mother, mother-in-law and grandmother to her five surviving daughters and their families.

If you have been feeling like you need to call someone in your family and tell them that you love them, don't hesitate...tomorrow could be too late.

I have been hesitating because I never knew what to say if I did call. I mean, my dad, her baby brother, just died a year and a half ago, her husband (of almost 50 years) died just last year and her hurt was still fresh and obvious when we talked. It made it hard and awkward to speak to her, especially knowing she was on medications that had her in a constant state of bliss (lol).
Still, I think "I love you" would have been enough.
Now, she knows, yeah...but it would have felt better had I said it out loud.

Now in the company of her father, her mother, her only brother and her husband, I know she is happy, in good hands, and is among the many good spirits I have watching over me.

I love you Aunt Daurice.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 02-05-2002, 11:54 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

My sympathies, Moni, and my praise for both your eloquent expression of love for your aunt, and for you request that others communicate their own affection to their loved ones, while they have time.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:58 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

I'm sorry for your loss, Moni. I know that no words can make it feel better, except for what you already know, and we can be glad that she's with God and the rest of her family again.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:20 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Sorry to hear this Moni...

But then, after this fuss, you cannot help but smile and think of the past fondly... and still talk to yourself (talking to whoever) casuallly, provoking him/her to show up and give you a beating... [img]smile.gif[/img]

She is in good hands now... and that makes me not sad...
Old 02-06-2002, 08:10 AM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I am so very sorry to hear of this Moni. You have my heart felt condolences. The post was wonderful and says it all,I am sure she knew what was in your heart.

Take Care and God Bless.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Good thoughts Moni - thanks for sharing a little of your aunt with us.
Best wishes
David
Old 02-06-2002, 08:48 AM   #7
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Sorry Moni. She was really special it sounds like.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:52 AM   #8
KHaN
Drow Warrior

I'm sure she knows just how much you loved her. I know how much I love you Princess. Cya soon.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:34 AM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Moni, thank you for celebrating her life and your love for her here for us. ...........I'm sorry. I can't say more....the keyboard is blurry........
Old 02-06-2002, 11:17 AM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

My deepest sympathies to you, Moni. I know how it feels to lose someone close to you...it is never easy. My prayers are with you and with her as well. Your aunt sounds like a truly special person. Always carry that wonderful memory of her in your heart, and she will never be gone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."