Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-29-2001, 09:29 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Harkoliar, yep brother, good post

but the professor himself is a moron, the discussion can be more interesting if the professor has more understanding of christianity. he sounds like a kid
Old 10-29-2001, 10:54 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Harkoliar, yep brother, good post

but the professor himself is a moron, the discussion can be more interesting if the professor has more understanding of christianity. he sounds like a kid
Yeah, but you wouldn't believe how many professors actually act like that, 250, until you get out there among them.

It's why I have elected to teach at a trade school rather than in a college. Prestige aside, I think it is far better to train people in job and life skills than to argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's more rewarding to me, anyway.

Cheers,

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 10:57 PM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Yeah, but you wouldn't believe how many professors actually act like that, 250, until you get out there among them.

It's why I have elected to teach at a trade school rather than in a college. Prestige aside, I think it is far better to train people in job and life skills than to argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's more rewarding to me, anyway.

Cheers,

I believe you
Old 10-29-2001, 11:10 PM   #14
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:

Hmmm... Natural Selection is easily proved. Evolution involving amoebas becoming primates or a big bang creating a perfect universe...these are in no way proven.
DNA tests can prove it. They show that fossil humanoids and Homosapin-sapin(?) have a gentic drifferents of less then 1.5% or so and seeing how all humans have a gentic direffence of less then 1.5% no matter what.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:12 PM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
DNA tests can prove it. They show that fossil humanoids and Homosapin-sapin(?) have a gentic drifferents of less then 1.5% or so and seeing how all humans have a gentic direffence of less then 1.5% no matter what.
and what does that mean? mr. big words?
Old 10-29-2001, 11:19 PM   #16
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
and what does that mean? mr. big words?
1)I'm a smartass.
2)I can't be bothered to spell tings right.
3)That if you took a sample of homo-sapin(Human that existed before us) and tested his DNA it would only be 1.5% deriffent from ours (Homo-sapin-sapin) is today and the one before that would be slimmer to that one and so on down the fossil record.
4)that professer is really, really bad at this job. I've can spot lots of points were he could of put a hole in the 'students' theory.

[This message has been edited by Sir Real (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:21 AM   #17
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
1)I'm a smartass.
2)I can't be bothered to spell tings right.
3)That if you took a sample of homo-sapin(Human that existed before us) and tested his DNA it would only be 1.5% deriffent from ours (Homo-sapin-sapin) is today and the one before that would be slimmer to that one and so on down the fossil record.
4)that professer is really, really bad at this job. I've can spot lots of points were he could of put a hole in the 'students' theory.

[This message has been edited by Sir Real (edited 10-29-2001).]
Show me irrefutable proof that a homo sapin (whateva that is) is a human that came before us.
And tell me what percent difference there is in DNA between you and a cow while you're at it.

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:37 AM   #18
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
I'll have to see the evidence on that one (studies). How long does DNA survive in a viable form? How long before DNA degrades to the point that our tests are unreliable? What is the differance in percent of human DNA and say chimpanzee? So we are close (humans and chimps) does that mean one came from the other?
What is the percent differance of DNA inorder to quailify species as being seperate species?

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 10-30-2001, 01:02 AM   #19
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Quote:
I'll have to see the evidence on that one (studies). How long does DNA survive in a viable form? How long before DNA degrades to the point that our tests are unreliable? What is the differance in percent of human DNA and say chimpanzee? So we are close (humans and chimps) does that mean one came from the other?
What is the percent differance of DNA inorder to quailify species as being seperate species?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. There is no way that they have DNA from back then.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-30-2001, 02:26 AM   #20
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Nice post Harkoliar!
Aside from the bickering about whatever else it was.... (religion, the intelect of the professor).... I really liked that tale

------------------
"Watch your back"