Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-18-2001, 01:15 PM   #31
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Epona!!!!! WOW

Thank you for all of the information. It helps tremendously. I have to mention one wierd thing. I was on a "eurorail" website with train times/prices/everything and I put in London to Truro and it said "no trains operate between these two places"...just thought it was wierd. Maybe I have to go London--Cornwall--Truro?

I had no idea Truro was near Cornwall (my wife thought Truro was near Dover). It is actually a good thing b/c I was thinking of going to Cornwall anyway.

Again thanks for the Information

Truro is *in* Cornwall (Cornwall is the county, Truro the town). I've never used the eurorail site, as Railtrack is going to have the most up to date information for travel within Britain.

Hope you enjoy Cornwall, it is a lovely place, especially if you like the sea - beautiful craggy coastline with cliffs and rocks. There are some beaches which are really good for watersports such as surfing/windsurfing although the sea will be very cold at this time of year.

If you're not too worried about your cholestorol levels, try to have a traditional 'Cream Tea' while you're there. Any teashop will do one, it's a regional speciality of South West England. Basically it consists of a scone (a sort of dry bun, sometimes with dried fruit in it, sometimes plain), a pot of jam (jelly!) a pot of Cornish Clotted Cream (like really thick cream with a crust on top) and a pot of tea. Sometimes you get sandwiches or other cakes as well as this. Mmmmmmmm, yummy!

Cornish Pasties are another local speciality - you can get pre-packed chilled ones all over Britain, but try to get one from a Cornish local bakers shop if you want to try the best. They are a crusty savory pastry filled with meat and potatoes. They have a large ridge around the side - traditionally they were baked for miners by their wives, and the miners would hold the ridge with their dirty hands, then throw that bit away so they didn't get their food dirty. They can also be sweet with fruit fillings too.

If you want any more info, just ask!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:33 PM   #32
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Hey Moridin - you said you might be checking this thread once you arrived in London. Been thinking about you and hope you are well

After 3/23, I'll be on vacation (and therefore off this board) until 4/2. So if you bump this later with an update and I don't reply right away, you'll know I've not forgotten about you Just time for a little getaway myself!

Take care and stay strong, Brave One

Lillie