Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-11-2002, 08:57 PM   #1
Psycho Dude the squirrel spanker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, heres the prob, every i go to says that they had no prob what so ever geting into that darn city, but me? NOOO it just has to give the two choices that screw me over and send an entire city of drow after me, i can take them but i really want to go around with out a problem, health and spells are a must in ther underdark and well this tired dwarf who enjoys chasing people he thinks are squirrels really dosent like it when the evil dark squirrels spank back... any help on this problem whould really help me out.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
aronal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who have you spoken to in this area? What quests have you completed? I don't want to give to much away without knowing where you are.
aronal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 10:36 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

Please, could you be a bit more vague? I still understood that you were at the door to the Drow City. Fortunately, you were able to cover up the rest of the information that might have helped us provide you with some help.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 11:36 PM   #4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok well i have been everywhere it seems down there, found the little group of merchents at the bottom of the screen, defeated that demon for the gnomes, um... killed some drow that seemed to be gaurding this thing that had some really strange people and a gnomes kid, and i beat the crap out of a wizard after helping him kill a few elemental. personaly it wasnt worth the waste of time, i found the beholder lair, mind flayer lair (i think...) and some place with what seemed a back entrence to the city but ended up being a way to the surface, and i talked to the dragon who did her illusion thing and made my party look drow. so i think i have pretty much done what i can in the underdark, though i whould like to go back to the lairs and aculy do something besides run for my life...

my character is a berserker dwarf other (not male, not female) that is chaotic neutral and has really high stats due to some luckyness (editor... he he he but i didnt do much because i still wanted a chalange) i have mince (the crazy guy with the minture giant space hamsters {note: its debateable that boo is infact a space hamster, tinker gnomes have created such a race and keep "perfecting" it} i also have mazzy, though i want to get rid of her... and arie that clericmage elf from the circus, and imoin.

sorry i hadnt put in more details, and sorry if i gave too many.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:41 PM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

What two options are you talking about getting? Do you get the dialogue that says you are "Veldrin from Ched Nasad"?
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 11:46 PM   #6
aronal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are still a drow you should be able to enter the city unchallenged, however if you left the underdark via the exit, you should have changed back to your natural appearance and then you would be automatically attacked by the drow. If this is the case, and you want to still do the underdark (which is well worth the effort) you will have to load an earlier saved game. I hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:49 PM   #7
aronal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are still a drow you should be able to enter the city unchallenged, however if you left the underdark via the exit, you should have changed back to your natural appearance and then you would be automatically attacked by the drow. If this is the case, and you want to still do the underdark (which is well worth the effort) you will have to load an earlier saved game. I hope this helps.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: aronal ]

Old 01-11-2002, 11:57 PM   #8
Elite Waterdeep Guard

um well i get two choices not the three i am guessing i am supose to get...
"i am (pc name) and i am from the dragons cave"
and...
"I (drow name) and i humbly come to your city and wish to gain entrance to your city."

humble isnt a good word to use around drow, and yes i have found out about the thing about loseing my illusion by trying that exit... big mistake.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:38 AM   #9
fable
Quintesson

I don't think you want to mention the dragon's cave, if that was truly the option. (I don't recall it.) A little humility, given that you are from a minor city and relocating into a major one, will be viewed with favor.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:45 AM   #10
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well tell that to the guy who keeps attacking me.
i got into the city any ways, killed the guy useing the cheat auto kill before he even spoke a word. i know it was cheating but i ran out of options, any ways, if any one thinks they still know the probl i have a game saved that i can try out any solution sugested.