Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #11
Grog
Dungeon Master

An IWD Mod over at the Chosen of Mystra MOD group. The link in my sig, leads to the Mod's forum.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:26 PM   #12
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Cool. I'm going to play the game without any mods first, then maybe I'll download this thing.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Just edit the "xpcap.2da" file and set all the limits to -1, meaning you won't run into an xp limit. Of course, you won't advance once you hit the max level in the "xplevel.2da" table, but if you're really patient and/or bored you could edit that, too. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #14
Grog
Dungeon Master

You can hit level 30 in each class with HoW but you'd likely have to play through twice to do so. Example: A paladin needs 6.6 M XP to hit level 30. That's well within the 8.0 M XP cap in the standard game.

Auril's Bane has a level 40 cap, as an optional component. One thing to note, when raising the level cap - the game will continue to display "Next Level: Godhood" even though you can progress past level 30.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can reach the level cap if you play on HoF mode. Using a party of six, my multi-classes managed to attain level 30/30, except for the Cleric/Mage.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #16
ister
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Level 18 Fighter: A Fighter starts with 4 proficiency slots, and gains
----------------- an additional one every 3 levels. This means that at
Level 18, the fighter will have a total of 9
Proficiency points. This is enough to reach Grand
Mastery in one weapon, and almost reach it in
another.
His THAC0 also goes down by 1 per level,
which not only makes it easier to hit with weapons,
but also aids TREMENDOUSLY when it comes to spells
which require touch.

Makes me wonder how reliable this FAQ is if it's suggesting giving Grand Mastery to a F/M/T. In reality 9 PPs means you'll have specialization in 4 weapons and proficiency in one. Which is no better than specialization in 3 weapons.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #17
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Good point, Ister. This might not be too reliable.