Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-13-2003, 11:54 PM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Can you reach AP before the way is blocked by the landslide ? If yes, is it possible to set a portal spell there early and skip the whole Rapax Area to finish the game ?
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I dont know why not trie? i dont think it will work and the Rapax Castle is wery cool i think.
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:23 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yes. If you go to the Peak early, you can set a portal there and use it to return later with the three doodads. This is handy if (a) you decide not to become a Templar or (b) you become a Templar and then rescue the prisoners, which gets everyone mad at you.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
sultan

nightowl is correct. the trick is you have to take the path by bela before your party carries two items at the same time.

so, you could still collect all 3 items, and store them in a chest somewhere, as long as you never have more than two of them in your inventory at the same time you dont trigger a number of game events, including the rockfall.

of course if you dont like storing stuff, of you just prefer to carry everything all the time, then you'll simply have to get to bela early, and set a teleport behind the rockfall before you get the 2nd item.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:35 AM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay if it can be done do you think the door to the teleporter to the the Rapax Castle will open so you can teleport in?
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:45 AM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I've been doing this a lot, especially with solos: Walk to the DD temple before the landslide, Set Portal there; then i don't need the Helm of Serenity, because i can Portal in straight from Mad M. and then Restore or Sane Mind myself once i've placed the DD. Then i get the other two items one at a time. Then i Set my Portal right around the corner from where Altheides and the DS are waiting, and go turn off the Tower. This way, i don't even have to deal with the Rapax Army, which won't come unless the Tower is disabled.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:02 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks to you all . Now that I know this way is possible I'll go it next game.

Scatter : Great strategy . How difficult is the mountain wilderness in an early stage of the game ? I level up regulary and I want to use a party without magic-users again so I don't have heal all gadgets or instruments at this time. Of course my bishop must learn the portal spells then.
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 04:52 AM   #8
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You gotta be lucky or stealthy if you wanna hang out for very long in MW before L10, and there's a bit of a jump, especially with poisoners and fire-breathers, to maybe 14 or so. I almost always do the grab-and-run bit with DE in the Barrow, unless i've got Soul Shield and enough SP to cast it high. (or lots of Music Skill). Two Amulets of Healing on each char will be enough for the Death Wish spells, but you gotta have something with Purify Air to counter the Death Clouds, and nothing really helps Mental other than the one Ring of Stars, so Insanity is a problem unless you stay out of the Heads' LOS. I back down the hall and usually the DL will come far enough into there i can hit him, while the Heads get stuck on the other side of the wall and usually disengage after a couple rounds. Often i'll first grab-and-run the DE then use it against the DL. I like to do a similar thing to the Golem at the Falls--run in past him, grab and arm the Staff (usu Bishop if not Maces) and use it against the Golem as he follows us.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:03 PM   #9
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

sultan wrote:
"you could still collect all 3 items, and store them in a chest somewhere"

I have the 1.2.4 game and haven't been able to drop any of the artifacts (as well as lots of other stuff). Is there a trick to it I'm missing, or is this generally true in the 1.2.4 game?

Lots of stuff I would love to get rid of, like the lower level Umpani security passes, the Canezou items, but the game won't let me drop them.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:14 PM   #10
Starfire
The Magister

I have version 1.2.4 and this is how you store the things you can't drop.

Go into inventory and pick the item up, you can not drop it on the floor of course so exit inventory and put the item in a chest. Do the same with any items you can't drop but don't want to carry around with you all the time. It's tedious if you have a lot of things to store, but it's the only way I know of doing it.
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote