Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-23-2002, 12:14 AM   #1
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you could spare the time to help me, I would much appreciate it. I'm having problems with getting to the Temple of the Serpent Cult. I'm not sure if it is just where I'm looking or if it is my game.

Right now I just talked to the oracles and they said to goto the Temple of the Serpent Cult. I finished the Caves and everything.

Thanks for your time

DeathDragon
If you see a Death Dragon
It's already to late
DeathDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:41 AM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to the board DeathDragon!!!

Have you been to Ishad N'ha?
If you have characters in the 'Theives guild' and 'Preist guild', You'll want them to get the quests involving the Temple, before you go there.

From the East gate of Ishad N'ha, (right gate) keep right and head for the lake. Jump off the small wooden landing. Follow the shoreline to the Right until you come to another landing. Outside the Temple, you'll meet 'Kol'. Talk to him until he gives you a 'key'. (It's used later once your inside)

While you're talking to Kol, you'll be standing in front of the Temple. (Unfortunately, you can not go in through the front door) There's a path into the woods on your left, that eventually leads to a gated cave. Swim under the rusted gate and look for the lever, (remember the Crypt) that loads the temple.

[ 07-23-2002, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 07-23-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, DeathDragon!!!

I'm guessing that you haven't gotten west of the Oracles. If you have the ring from the crypt and one of your party has sworn the oath, that character needs to talk to the oracles and use the word "destiny" to get the oracles to open up the river cave to the west. If you follow the river you will find the Serpent Temple (but it is a really good idea to become familiar with Ishad N'ha and gather up some cure poison potions first!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 10:42 AM   #4
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

People are right on this board, the second ya leave a post you'll get a swarm of people to answer it real fast. Well, thanks for all your help. I guess I should start saying every word that comes to the talk screen thing from now on. I'll definately keep ya posted on how I'm doing (compairing I'm still fairly new to this whole thing).

DeathDragon
Once you see a Death Dragon
It's already to late
DeathDragon<br />************************************************* *********************<br />Once you see a Death Dragon<br />It\'s already to late<br />************************************************* *********************
Old 07-23-2002, 11:24 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

To add to the fray, welcome to the board, DeathDragon. May your time in the Gael Serran be fruitful and prosperous.

Do keep us posted on how you're progressing.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:50 PM   #6
morningstar
The Magister

Welcome DeathDragon!
Of course I will add my comments too! Get the maps off the link and after talking to Kol turn left and follow the 2 lagoons to find the underwater grate. After getting in the door at the back, and after doing a preliminary search of the temple you can exit by the Front Door. It saves heaps of time! Have fun gaming and keep us posted how you are doing.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:08 AM   #7
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is actually the first message board that I have found in 5 years of gaming that actually cares and tries their best to help (comparing that the companies that make the games dont give a hoot about the games).

So far I have gotten to the front gate of the Temple of the Serpant Cult. What do you think of my party so far: level 1 Barbarian (just advanced from level 8 warrior - going to be paladin but barbarian for hit points), level 7 warrior (going to be barbarian then samurai), level 7 warrior (going to be barbarian then samurai), level 7 rogue (going to be barbarian then ninja), level 7 wizard (going to be barbarian (desperate for hit points) then warlock), level 7 priest (going to be barbarian (desperate for hit points again) then monk).

If your willing to take ideas for the TECHNO board from the peanut gallery, I got some. Unless ya got this whole thing set up already. Just leave a message saying if ya need anymore ideas and if ya do I'll throw some at ya.

DeathDragon
If you see a Death Dragon
It's already to late
Old 07-24-2002, 02:10 AM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's a good idea for a charactor to be a barbarian for a while. You should try a few more elite roles before you put your charactors in their final roles. You will certainly need a ranger at some stage to get the fletchery skill, you can use this skill to make money by putting your most expensive arrow in the 1st slot in your quiver & a bow in your second hand & start reproducing the arrow. There are some quests to be done in the serpent temple & it can be a hard place to get out of, so make sure you visit Ishad n'ha to get your guild quests. Make sure your priest has the vine magic "cure poison" it is a must.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:58 AM   #9
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

THIS IS A BUG AND WILL NOT WORK IF YOUR RUNNING THE PATCH.
Everyone one this board seems to think you need a barbarian(welcome to the board death dragon)BUT YOU DONT all their good for is hit points so you can just use this cheat.
You need the vine spell toghen or lots of toghen potion go out of the town use toghen on char and go back in the town you get to keep the HP.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:18 AM   #10
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

..This is just a suggestion, but...

If I were you, I would go back to Valeia and 'Reset adventures'. Then change roles immediately. (there's no advantage to staying in the basic roles for that long)
If you change the spawn rate to 'often' and take your characters out 'solo', you'll be barbarians in no time.

'Reset adventures', restarts the game but, You get to keep your skills/stats, gear, gold and inventory. You lose your guild memberships, your place in the game, and certain quest items.

You already know what to do and your crew is a little tougher, so it will go alot faster.

to reset adventures...enter town...click on the computer icon in the bottom left corner...then on 'Reset adventures' in the upper right.

You should also follow Kev suggestion and add in more role changes. Each role offers different skills and helps to round out your party.