Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: Awakening - Game shutting down.

Myth verified for my sake - been playing non stop since I posted - and not a one crash at all.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
Monis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The game is porlly writed it have crashes almost in all big fights and is so slow after a battle it is horrible never seen worse from Bioware cheesh"

The slowness remind me of the time i first playe Ultima Underworld 2 on a 386 with to little ram it is so slow that i can cry lol, well i have 3 gig ram and tripel core cpu and GF 8500 with 2 gig ram so i dont know why it go so slow after fights , well i have finish the game after mutch struggling but never gonna buy a new expansion to it for sure this was a major dissapointment!

Last edited by Monis; 05-12-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Monis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #13
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Crashing in all big fights is an issue of your own on some level. The game does not crash for me at all. Maybe once, actually but that's it. Make sure you are patched completely. Try running with no addons. What you're describing is a memory leak after battles. Make sure your video card and firmware are all up to date too.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm not having issues with it yet, but haven't gone too far into Awakening. I did, however, patch to 1.03 prior to even buying Awakening. Been a little slow to buy stuff lately. It seems like I had these issues with NWN's when I first went to a dual core PC though, since the game didn't support dual core, and AMD was quick to provide a fix for it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #15
Kezardin
Elminster

Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote