Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #91
Eisenschwarz

I read in a book that when Charles the bold of Burgundy was killed, his corpse was left for the animals on the battlefield, and that by the time people came to recover it.

It could only be identified from old scars, because animals had eaten at his facial features.

Burgundianians were scorned for their betrayal of La Pucelle or so I have heard.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #92
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

uh..oooookay then... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #93
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
I read in a book that when Charles the bold of Burgundy was killed, his corpse was left for the animals on the battlefield, and that by the time people came to recover it.

It could only be identified from old scars, because animals had eaten at his facial features.

Burgundianians were scorned for their betrayal of La Pucelle or so I have heard.
Bloody marvellous! I'm goin' to the Friday the 13th bash as Charles the Bold of Burgandy! Thanks mate! Now where's my roast carver...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:42 AM   #94
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Pah... according to my mom, I get migranes... and it seems like they're coming more often. They don't get worse over time do they? The headaches I get right now aren't bad, but I would hope they don't get worse.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #95
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I couldn't tell you Sir G, sorry.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #96
wellard
Dracolisk

Behold(er) I return

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

I am down to the last 100 Christmas cards here at work LOL, and I WILL get them done before the day is over!!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Of which I just recieved mine last week LZ *hugs* [img]smile.gif[/img] (bloomin snail mail!)

So whats going on everyone?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #97
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Just working at the sweatshop theater mostly. Apparantly we don't get our $.06 raises until everyone employed there has worked 400 hours. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #98
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sir G, sometimes migraines get less severe as you get older, mine did for a while after I got out of college. Now they can be as painful but happen a lot less often. If you have repeated, severe headaches, talk to your doctor about them, they have some suggestions and meds that can help.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #99
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Afternoon, all. Hope everyone else had the good luck that's been escaping me lately...

I've been noticing a small amount of water leaking from the water heater lately... not enough that it's fatal, but enough to be noticable. So I did some checking this weekend to see what would be involved in a new one. I've replaced one before, and I don't have the tools, experience, or interest in doing so again.

I came across several and enough info to tell me I needed to do more homework. So I called a plumber and had them come out to review and advise... which they did, saying that with a 15-year-old water heater, once it leaks you might as well replace it.

After a few more questions, I tell 'em to go ahead.

John the Wonder Plumber shows up and starts to go to work on it. I'm upstairs for a couple of minutes, and come back down to find John working feverishly on the heater, which is spewing water all over the place. Not good.

Apparently, the hose connection just broke off. He was working on putting something else in, but it was still spewing. I get the mop and bucket and start soaking up water and moving stuff out of the way.

An hour later, I'm done (or as done as I'm going to be. John the Wonder Plumber finishes up, starts the water heater filling up (that step where you check for leaks and make sure it's all okay), and goes about his business. He goes upstairs to put some things away, comes back down, and I hear "Oh, Sh!t! G** D*** It!" followed by "Ummm... I flooded your basement again".

I grab the mop and bucket to see if he really did.

And he did. If the first one was Lake Erie, this one is Lake Michigan. Lots bigger. Lots. Got all the way over to the stuff I stacked out of the way of the first flood.

He takes the mop and bucket, saying he'll get it this time.

Last time it took me an hour. This is twice as big, easily. I can do math. I'm not happy.

My wife gets home and I head to the hardware store to buy a wet-vac. I come home and assemble it. I bring it downstairs and tell John the Wonder Plumber that I've got one.

"You've got a wet vac?"

"I do now."

He finishes vacuuming. He writes up the bill and leaves. No apology for playing Noah two times in one morning (can I say that without violating the ban? [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Fortunately for him, he doesn't bill me for the minor piece of other plumbing work I needed (replacing a break valve or something like that).

I look in the basement after he's gone. I still see standing water. I also see many places where the water has gone to and been vacuumed to, but where the stuff it went to (boxes and the like) are still sitting there, probably soaking underneath and waiting for me to pick them up so they can explode and shed their contents all over the floor, like a trick some dungeon master would play on you.

Sigh.

Another half-hour of picking up more things and vacuuming. I hope it's all done. The place smells like a flood... all wet and slightly odorous.

I went to lunch and came back. More water had pooled up from somewhere. I vacuum it up and check, fearing that another leak is waiting to spring. Nothing so far, but I'm waiting a day or two before stuff starts going back.

I feel for John the Wonder Plumber. He has not had a good morning... once his fault, and once not. And yet... I sit here with a company on my list that I won't patronize again, and a plumber I will never let into my house again. I'm going to talk to them, but honestly, I don't know what to tell them I want to make me happy. I don't know if it's possible.

So... my venting's done. Someone, please... tell me something good and heartwarming.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #100
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Sir G, sometimes migraines get less severe as you get older, mine did for a while after I got out of college. Now they can be as painful but happen a lot less often. If you have repeated, severe headaches, talk to your doctor about them, they have some suggestions and meds that can help.
Well, they're not bad right now, just a normal type headache really. The next day though, I was out like a light... I slept for 16 hours (12 midnight to 4 in the afternoon), missed school and didn't go to work. Which is mainly why I was wondering if they got worse.