Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
mad=dog

Greetings everybody,

To avoid time shift confusion - today is the 7th of May - and it is the Great day of Prayers here in Denmark. I am not a Christian, but yet I believe in God so this day is very important to me. It is the one holiday that is not focused on Christ. The purpose of the day is prayer. Focused and sincere prayer to harness your inner strength and be ready for the oppotunity God sends your way. It is my day.
On top of that the bakeries sell a special kind of bread called "Varme Hveder" (warme whether) which you eat with fat milk. Yum.

Sitting here I start to wonder. Is this day special to other countries too? Please tell me. I wonder.

[ 05-07-2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: mad=dog ]
Old 05-07-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well, you may not be Christian, but some, more sensitive to the issue than I, may find the term "tainted" somewhat offensive. Perhaps a better term might "marked" or "centered" on.

Anyway, We have something similar to that here in the states in just a few weeks, I think. We call it the National Day of Prayer and here in Coral Springs they hold a large prayer meeting where leaders from the Muslim, Jewish, and Christian faiths lead in prayer. There may be other religious groups there, that I am simply unaware of.

P.S. Have a wonderful "Great Day of Prayer"

[ 05-07-2004, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 05-07-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
mad=dog

That was why I put "tainted" in qoutation marks. My intention was not to redicule or question peoples personal religious beliefs so I have changed it to a more careful wording.
Interesting to know that a similar holiday is found in the the US.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We have a "world day of prayer" and churches of various denominations take turns hosting it each year. It's usually sometime around our American Thanksgiving in November.

Happy Great Day of Prayer to you and God Bless!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This topic has to be closed, because of this line:

"Focused and sincere prayer to harness your inner strength and be ready for the oppotunity God sends your way."

All threads reflecting one's religious standing whether for or against God and/or other higher powers is still in suspended mode until properly released by adminsitration.

I am sorry.