Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

First of all, let me say that I did not write this program. It was distributed freely on a website as a promotional. It is simple to follow and works great at developing raw strength. You will need a good set of free weights and a work out partner for this program. The program is seven weeks long with two work outs a week. It is only for the bench press and those muscles involved, but you can apply the concept to other exercises as well. I started weight lifting with this program and went through it twice with a month rest in between. I increased my bench press from 240lbs to 330lbs. I expect to break 350lbs by Xmas! I increased my dumbell curl from 50lbs to 90lbs by applying the same routine. It's really great! I copied all the table info to an excel spreadsheet and the progress sheet to a word document. I really love the results from this routine, and so does everyone else I've used it with. I've never seen ANYONE gain less than 30lbs on their press. Anyway, I just wanted to share this with anyone who is interested. Plese give me your email address, preferably as a link, and I'll send it to you.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Come on! Nobody else around here lifts weights?
Old 10-30-2003, 05:23 PM   #3
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

Maybe. Or it could be no body that does wants to give you their email addresses. If it is soo simple why can't you just post some of it here.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

/shrug, i go to the gym on wednesdays

dont much like bench pressing tho
i usually bike for 20 mins jog for 10 and use various equipment for 1 minute per machine for 15 mins.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:37 PM   #5
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by IAmThumper:
Maybe. Or it could be no body that does wants to give you their email addresses. If it is soo simple why can't you just post some of it here.
Hmmmmm.....didn't think of that. I can't really post an excel spreadsheet. The chart would be way too large anyway. The word document would lose it's formatting, but it's kind of useless without the chart. The fact that it's all charted is what makes it easy. Oh well, just trying to be helpful. Perhaps this is the wrong kind of forum for this anyway, huh?
Old 10-30-2003, 05:43 PM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
/shrug, i go to the gym on wednesdays

dont much like bench pressing tho
i usually bike for 20 mins jog for 10 and use various equipment for 1 minute per machine for 15 mins.
This plan isn't really geared towards the average Nautilus user. It's meant for people who want to develop a lot of strength and mass. It uses lower reps and high weights that steadily increase every workout. If you can't do the prescribed reps/weights on a workout, you back down the chart one line (5lbs). If you exceed the reps/weights on "test" days, you go up 5 lbs. It tailors itself to your progress as you go along.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:22 PM   #7
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Sir K, this is an RPG forum, so I doubt anyone's interested in weight-lifting. It'd surprise me if anyone here can bench-press a D&D Monster Manual [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm only kidding about though. I would've been interested in this a few months ago, but I've stopped most of my resistance training because my back is playing up.

So if nothing else, here's a good 'ol bump for all you weight-lifters
Old 10-30-2003, 06:27 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

I'm only kidding about though. I would've been interested in this a few months ago, but I've stopped most of my resistance training because my back is playing up.
How is your back going, Alex? Any better than when you were last telling me about it? Are you getting attention for it? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 06:32 PM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hmm... Sir K, can you figure out the math they used to make the spreadsheet? I might be interested. I gotta get my upper body (that of a normal semi-athletic person of my age) to catch up with my legs (veritable tree trunks, my last squat max was about 250 lbs. and rising)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-30-2003, 06:40 PM   #10
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

How is your back going, Alex? Any better than when you were last telling me about it? Are you getting attention for it? [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]It's okay now, but I'm still paranoid about chancing it. I can almost feel myself going through my back whenever I pick up anything even vaguely heavy. But thank you for asking, this is quite out-of-character-compassionate for you, fruit salad [img]tongue.gif[/img]