Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 06:57 AM   #21
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Best of luck Liliara. I managed to stop. I smoked for about two years, it became a habit, I'd just have a few every day, and didn't think much of it, until one day, I just woke up and thought 'this is bad'. It came to me so suddenly, and I just managed to stop, just like that. I didn't have any trouble with it, I found it very easy. So personally, I really don't know why people should see it as difficult. It's all a case of mind over matter. If you have enough willpower, you'll be able to stop, no trouble. It's fads like patches, sprays, gums etc. that keep reminding you of how badly you want a cigarette.

If you just think about other things, and put the whole topic of smoking out of your mind, you should be able to stop. Heck if I can do it, anyone can.

Again, best of luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks! I've only been smoking about 3 years, so I'm pretty confidant I can stop. Once I set my mind to something, I can do it. I've had one cig next to my comp all day. I see it as me in a war against this one cig. That aught to do it, I hate defeat. (The patch REALLY does work! Plus, you geet cool dreams!) LOL
Proud member of the LH (Yorick?)<br />Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar<br /><br />\"I\'ve had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America\'s the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I\'m proud of America, I\'m proud of our people, and I\'m gonna prove it. We\'re American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I\'m getting a little ticked off...go ta ****\"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 12-02-2001, 07:03 AM   #22
Drake
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

Thanks! I've only been smoking about 3 years, so I'm pretty confidant I can stop. Once I set my mind to something, I can do it. I've had one cig next to my comp all day. I see it as me in a war against this one cig. That aught to do it, I hate defeat. (The patch REALLY does work! Plus, you geet cool dreams!) LOL

LOL I just gotta by one of those patch things. they sound fun [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]
BTW I like your attitude!
Old 12-02-2001, 07:09 AM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Liliara! How goes the battle? I need to quit too!!!! I tried the patch but it was summer and they kept falling off. I work outside so sweating just made them not work. But they are working for you then?
Old 12-02-2001, 07:12 AM   #24
Drake
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hey Liliara! How goes the battle? I need to quit too!!!! I tried the patch but it was summer and they kept falling off. I work outside so sweating just made them not work. But they are working for you then?

duck tape? it might work.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:11 PM   #25
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

well done lil..
its on my to do list..sighs its veryhard ive tried good luck to you
Old 12-02-2001, 04:01 PM   #26
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well, I guess one more post wouldnt really help any.

But Good luck quiting Lilara.. Its kina odd, everyone says smoking is really hard to stop.

I know 2 people that quit easly. They just stoped. My StepBrother and His dad just threw the cig down and quit.

But anyway, best of luck too ya, Lilara!!
Old 12-02-2001, 04:55 PM   #27
One Track Cat
Welcomed New User

Good luck. I quit in 88. It's worth the effort.
One Track Cat
Old 12-02-2001, 05:26 PM   #28
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by One Track Cat:
Good luck. I quit in 88. It's worth the effort.
One Track Cat

Best of luck Lilliara!

I tried to stop four times, the first three times were hell, the last time was easy. I read this great book called 'Easy way to stop smoking' by a guy called Allen Carr, which had lots of useful things to say on the subject.

After I read it, I just stopped believing in all the myths, and LO, it was easy! That was three years ago, and I never looked back. The book doesn't work for everyone, but it did for me. One thing he says is to eliminate cigarettes from your life completely, don't substitute, and never ever say 'I've given up smoking' cos of the psychological thing (like its a sacrifice).

He says focus on the majorly positive thing you've done in giving up smoking, and just pat yourself on the back about it every time the idea of cigarettes come into your head!
Old 12-03-2001, 03:49 AM   #29
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

HEY!!! DAY 2, NO CIG!!!

Thank you everyone! Your post have really helped! (Buys support group a round of whatever they are drinking::

Lord of Alchohol, try putting the patch on your back insted of your arms. I am quitting with 3 other people and we are all on the patch (and gum), one of them lays tile and the other has a job with a lot of lifting. We all keep it on our back and it doesn't fall off, even in the shower. Also, put the patch on before you go to sleep and don't smoke the next morning. Get it all out of your system the night before you quit.

Silver, I'm going to try to find that book. My neighbor who is part of our 'quit smoking ring' said the same thing the book did, "Don't think of it as quitting, look at it as cutting back. That way, if you have a cig a yesar from now, you don't feel as if you have failed triggering the need to start again."

Drake, we need to stay in touch! (Watership Down was a book first then an animated movie.)

Madman Rogovich, today was easier than yesterday for me and I'm so happy I'm doing it. Just make up your mind to do it! It's a good feeling!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
Proud member of the LH (Yorick?)<br />Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar<br /><br />\"I\'ve had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America\'s the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I\'m proud of America, I\'m proud of our people, and I\'m gonna prove it. We\'re American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I\'m getting a little ticked off...go ta ****\"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 12-03-2001, 03:34 PM   #30
Drake
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
HEY!!! DAY 2, NO CIG!!!

Thank you everyone! Your post have really helped! (Buys support group a round of whatever they are drinking::

Lord of Alchohol, try putting the patch on your back insted of your arms. I am quitting with 3 other people and we are all on the patch (and gum), one of them lays tile and the other has a job with a lot of lifting. We all keep it on our back and it doesn't fall off, even in the shower. Also, put the patch on before you go to sleep and don't smoke the next morning. Get it all out of your system the night before you quit.

Silver, I'm going to try to find that book. My neighbor who is part of our 'quit smoking ring' said the same thing the book did, "Don't think of it as quitting, look at it as cutting back. That way, if you have a cig a yesar from now, you don't feel as if you have failed triggering the need to start again."

Drake, we need to stay in touch! (Watership Down was a book first then an animated movie.)

Madman Rogovich, today was easier than yesterday for me and I'm so happy I'm doing it. Just make up your mind to do it! It's a good feeling!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

A BIG congrats to you so far!! I have a lot of faith you will do this.

Watership down is a book and a movie!?! well I'm so busy lately I bearly have enought time to post on IW let alone read. so looks like I'll be looking into the movie. just let me add it to my list of things to do *Drake polls out a piece of paper* right then, Watershi...hey Neil don't bite that!! no it's my list Neil, not food! ARG!! *rip* oh great now I need to make a new list. stupid bunny...ouch! my ear!! ok ok sorry your not a stupid bunny. geesh

BTW if you are interested I'm also on icq and sms. my icq # is 130812418 and my sms name is bocaj, and this goes for every one else who's interested too.