Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-29-2001, 07:18 PM   #41
Tancred
White Dragon

Amidst the chaos, wizards run hither and thither, casting spells and shrieking as the Sphere of Annihilation busily munches through the Netherese ranks. The party launch themselves wholeheartedly into the assault; there's no longer anything to lose.
Amidst it all, there's a paladin; but holy ideals and noble pretensions can all go hang now. As far as he can see it, these are the scum that killed his friend, and he's going to have his pound of flesh no matter who gets in his way. Swinging the defiantly non-magical blade in his hands with the finesse of a butcher, Tancred whirls and chops and carves like a madman; little caring if his blows have any effect. Screams are all around him, and the paladin can barely distinguish shapes as hot tears of rage blind him. He pushes forward, no longer caring about anything.
Suddenly, there is a flash of light; and a Netherese mage is before him, a glowing black blade held in his hands. Tancred strikes, but the blade meets resistance from a glowing wall of force surrounding the mage. The riposte is a cruel one, of a speed hardly believed, and misses the paladin's head by a whisker.
The mage is forced back, if only through the sheer ferocity he faces; but anger like that is impotent against an impenetrable force as magic. The mage stops using his sword, and begins chanting. Tancred furiously lashes out with blade and fist, striking nothing but a shield of energy, but he is powerless to prevent the mage completing his spell.
Bolts of energy lance forth from the mage's outstretched hands, slamming into the paladin's body. Tancred is knocked sprawling, the sword sent skittering across the stone floor.
The mage advances, sword raised to strike the final blow. A few of the party catch sight of what is happening - some cry out, others dash to help - but too late, too late. Tancred is stunned by the force of the spell, unable even to see the attack coming.
The sword comes down...

There is a TERRIFIC noise, and a blast of dark light that blinds everyone in the room. The mage fighting Tancred has barely time to look around before his body simply dissolves into ashes. He has barely time to scream.
The paladin sits up, shocked. He blinks furiously to clear the tears, to find the source of his salvation. Confusion rings through his mind. The collars, the collars make magic like that impossible. Only Wah, or the apprentice...
"You know, send a REAL Forgotten Realms mage against these Netherese rabble and they soon learn the real meaning of power."
Tancred looks around, his mouth gawping. That voice!
Standing before the battle is a man; tall and powerful, in his prime. A red, gilded robe covers his body, and powerful energies flicker around his hands. He rests against the wall, as the Netherese back away; a sly, knowing smirk is on his lips.
Tancred stares at the figure in a mixture of wonder and horror. "It... it can't be..."
The figure stretches out his hands, and flames begin to appear around him. Slowly, the fire coalesces, covering the body of the man but somehow focused, being channelled into something far greater than mere tawdry flame. The fires rush across the red robes of the man, funnelling between his hands as he brings them together. The intense heat and light give the man an almost demonic appearance.
"I've been waiting for this a LONG time... holy-boy."
The fireball is released, and Tancred rolls aside, the ball of flame rippling past him, bursting apart, singing the flesh of the Paladin's back. Tancred runs as he gets to his feet, Netherese and inn customers alike backing away from him as he runs towards something.
The sword.
He snatches it up. There may be little left in Tancred's mind that makes sense, but from childhood it was told to him everything will be alright as long as he had that sword.

Karnas doesn't even bother to laugh. His next spell is already flying through the air, even as the paladin darts to one side. The fools of this world tried to destroy him - and loosened his bonds. He would make them pay - but first, necessary business. The sword COULD be a prison once again, Karnas knows - but only if the bloodline of Foesmite survives...
Maybe there is regret.
Maybe.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:32 PM   #42
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

"Whoa". Draggor, barely turns to the side as a fireball flies past. He smacks a wizard in the head, just as his improved mantle wears off. "Hey, I thought you guys couldn't cast spells." Draggor takes out the last of the enemy who aren't being detroyed by the sphere and turns to the newly appeared mage. "I don't know who the hell you are but lets get out of here and then you've got a bit of explaining to do. Your intentions better be good or you'll be sorry. We've all killed plenty of so called mighty wizards in the past."

------------------
WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old 07-02-2001, 03:30 PM   #43
Lord Shield

OOC: Yet another attempt to post this -
Wah suddenly lokos to the blackball with a purpose and walks into it. He and the blackball disappear
Lord Raptor casts Breach on K, allowing Slaughter Margin to slice into him with Blackrazor. K blasts both of them back, casting Absolute Immunity on doing so
Wah appears in the Borg Cube. Kangaxx is having consternations as he has no limbs to operate the cube. Wah walks over to a panel and operates it like a pro. He then picks up Kangaxx and walks through the Blackball again (I'll let you decide where you go, Wah!)
The borg cube starts careening towards the chaoitic nebula in the middle of the stellar conflict

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-02-2001, 06:50 PM   #44
Tancred
White Dragon

"OWWW!" Karnas looks at his wound with a mixture of fascination and pain. "That... that HURT! By the Red Circle, I can feel! I can FEEL!"
Slaughter's next blow careens of the Absolute Immunity in a shower of sparks. Karnas breaks off from his contemplation of life to glare at the hulk-like barbarian.
"Back off, meathead, or prepare to eat flies for the rest of your green, hopping life. My argument is with Holy-boy over the... where's he gone?"

Everyone looks around. Tancred has indeed gone. The sounds of running footsteps echo dimly down the corridors, and then are gone.
Karnas clicks his tongue in irritation.
"Bugger."
Old 07-02-2001, 06:56 PM   #45
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Draggor:
"Whoa". Draggor, barely turns to the side as a fireball flies past. He smacks a wizard in the head, just as his improved mantle wears off. "Hey, I thought you guys couldn't cast spells." Draggor takes out the last of the enemy who aren't being detroyed by the sphere and turns to the newly appeared mage. "I don't know who the hell you are but lets get out of here and then you've got a bit of explaining to do. Your intentions better be good or you'll be sorry. We've all killed plenty of so called mighty wizards in the past."

Karnas' grin widens.
"They did't just call me a mighty wizard for nothing, tinbonce. They called me a mighty wizard because they knew if I found out they were calling me something different I'd leave nothing more of them than a fine red mist, a mess on the carpet - and a certain amount of paperwork..."

Old 07-02-2001, 08:08 PM   #46
Lord Shield

"Funny", says the half-orc "I get the ame effect after 15 pints of beer" - a red mist (going berserk), a mess on the carpet (puke) and lots of paperwork (trip to the bog)

------------------

Old 07-03-2001, 12:52 AM   #47
Grinch
The Magister

OOC: I think my last post was et..

The Paladin turns about, the majortiy of the foes having fled from the mysterious black ball. He spies Karnas facing off against Slaughter Margin.
"Foul wizard! Prepare to look your last upon the sun!" He smites Karnas with a blow so powerful that had it not not glanced off the absolute immunity warding it would split Karnas in two. Karnas yawns and casts a death spell at the paladin that fails to overcome the paladin's augmented magic resistance. For a moment they are at a stand-still,the Paladin's holy sword unable to reach Karnas and the wizard's spells unable to affect the Paladin.
"Wait a minute!"Karnas shouts pointing at the Paldin,"Your codpiece is open!"
"What? Zounds!",The Paladin looks down at his armorered pelvis in consternation. "It is not..?" The Paladin looks around for Karnas who is no longer there. Slaughter Margin just shakes his head.

------------------
Grinch
Old 07-03-2001, 03:49 AM   #48
Lord Shield

Slaughter WAS waiting for the 4 rounds to expire before thwocking the wizzy again. Oh well
Running down the corridors (the tower being rapidly abandoned by the remaining Seraphs and Netherese), Tancred stop for a breather, panting heavily
Looking back down the corridor, he couldn't see anybody. Getting ready for another bout, he starts to walk down the corridor again when he spots Karnas "BOO!" he says
Karnas and Tancred then he the sound of heavy clumping feet walking along the ground. Heading towards Karnas is a Greater Earth Elemental, its great fists raised to smash his bones

------------------

Old 07-03-2001, 05:14 AM   #49
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Artemis lying on the floor bleeding, bleeds to death.

GAME OVER

------------------
Death is the way of the ninja, luckely i'm not a ninja

[This message has been edited by Bruce The Aussie (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 07:01 AM   #50
Melusine
Dracolisk

Melusine, bewildered from the raging chaos around her, has been watching the carnage in horror, unable to help in the fight for lack of a weapon. Upon seeing Artemis fall down, she runs over to him...she has only one Raise Dead spell memorised, but she cannot but help him. Sighing, she starts to recite the proper incantation, a look of deep concentration on her face.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia