Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 04:30 AM   #1
bleedinghelene

Hi guys! I'm sure this will be absurdly simple for you, so I'll keep it short.

How do I back up my saved game files? My game has been glitching uncontrollably tonight, so I thought I would try uninstall/reinstall. Before I do that I need to know, if possible, what the filename is and exactly what I have to do to back it up. I normally only need telling things once, but I'm seriously handicapped in my computer education and this part got skipped.

In case it makes a difference, I'll describe the errors as best I can. First, in my game, my rogue's rapier disappeared from his inventory, but stayed in his hand in the full-body picture. I exited the game shortly after, and my husband resumed his game. Then his rogue's weapon (cutlass) disappeared also. Secondly, his rogue could not use his second weapon (assassin's dagger), as it would not appear on the fight scroll. After that, my graphics abruptly lost resolution, quite badly. Suggestions? Instructions?

This leads me to believe that I need to reinstall the whole game, since the loss of the rogue's weapon happened in two games at roughly the same time. Step-by-step instructions on how to back up my saved game files would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance all
Old 02-23-2001, 05:14 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

First copy and paste the following folder to somewhere else (Desktop, My Documents,Etc.) on your computer: C:\Program Files\Activision\WizardsWarriors\SAVE

Make sure you also copy and paste the file named Roster.dat or saves won't work.

Uninstall the game and when this is done, delete the rest of the W&W folder from your harddrive. C:\Program Files\"Activision\WizardsWarriors\" (Delete the folder in quotations).

After you reinstall you can drop the saved files back into the same place (Don't forget the Roster.dat!)(C:\Program Files\Activision\WizardsWarriors\) and that's it.

There is a possibility that your saves may be corrupted so this may not solve the problem.

You may want to wait for other posts to verify my instructions if any of this isn't exactly right. (It worked for me once.)

Good Luck

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hope the reinstall will solve your problems, bleeding_helene!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 10:02 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Not Helene, one clarification: second weapons are used automatically as soon as you have the 2nd weapon skill. You can't select them to attack with (in contrast to e.g. a bow).
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 02:25 PM   #5
X-Dream

From time to time some of my weapons disappeared too, but stayed at the portrait. I think, the weapon just broke and the portrait is bugged.