Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-03-2001, 06:28 AM   #21
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
No one cares here. No one.

Awww Moni! If no-one cared, then Marge(?) would not have taken in the kitten. It is great of you to help out with the shots and all that.
Loads of people like you give up their lives to look after animals in need. I agree that there are some complete b*stards around, but if I felt there was no hope, compassion or love in the world I would just curl up and die. People like you prove that there is hope for us all.

I have a friend who has 14 cats, all rescued. She devotes every moment to them and I really admire her for that.

I love cats - I can't have one though, because I have a pet bird. A cat would be terrifying to my bird, and bacteria in the cat's saliva is deadly to parakeets. I suspect the bird would also be torture for the cat - soooo tempting - a small feathery thing to play with !!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 12:26 PM   #22
Moni

Thank you Epona.
I guess it would do me well to remember that as few of us people that care who exist in this town, means that we do at least exist.
It is discouraging though to know what kinds of attitudes everyone else here take towards their pets. If I were more sensitive a soul, I'd spend my days crying.
As it is, I have thirteen of the best and most loving pets I have ever owned. That is something to feel good about.

*Hugs*
& Thanks

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-03-2001, 08:47 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Used to be the same thing when I was growing up. My mom had so many cats, and it being such a small town, everybody knew it, and would drop off their kittens along side the road near our yard, or actually on our yard, knowing my mom would take them in. My parents even at one time had peacocks, and somebody dropped one of THEM off, had to have been, cause one day my Dad goes out to feed the peacocks in their pen, and there is another one sitting there, looking like he's always been there, staring at my Dad with that spacey birdlike stare. Was kinda funny actually LOL...

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 09:23 PM   #24
Moni

Ladyzekke,
That's both funny and sad.
I know people around here will be saddling me with their throw aways for as long as I live here. God help the animals when I get old and die you know?

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-07-2001, 11:40 PM   #25
Moni

Bump...Ladyzekke, here is my explanation for why I said "I hate people" in this thread.

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 01:06 AM   #26
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Moni, I'm with you all the way. In the last 4 years, I have rescued and placed a total of 45 animals (32 cats and 13 dogs). I've got 2 cats and 1 dog of my own (well, now 4 cats since my GF moved in a she has 2). I am a total sucker for animals in any kind of distress, and all of my friends know it. I get asked at least once a week if I want to take a cat, or a dog, or a lizard (yes, I've even rescued a few of them). I don't mind it in the least, but I do wish more people were responisble pet owners (like AZ)...if you don't have time for them, DON'T GET ANY!!!

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that you weren't alone in the fight to find a home for every cute little animal out there!

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
Good guys CAN get the girl, if they only have a little patience!

[This message has been edited by Zeeke75 (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 01:49 AM   #27
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Moni, I'm with you all the way. In the last 4 years, I have rescued and placed a total of 45 animals (32 cats and 13 dogs). I've got 2 cats and 1 dog of my own (well, now 4 cats since my GF moved in a she has 2). I am a total sucker for animals in any kind of distress, and all of my friends know it. I get asked at least once a week if I want to take a cat, or a dog, or a lizard (yes, I've even rescued a few of them). I don't mind it in the least, but I do wish more people were responisble pet owners (like AZ)...if you don't have time for them, DON'T GET ANY!!!

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that you weren't alone in the fight to find a home for every cute little animal out there!

That is an amazing number of animals for one person to take in each year! We are up to 12 in a year & a half already and have kept the majority. We just don't have the room or the money to take in any more cats or dogs!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really need some emotional support on this issue right now because my attempts to get the media to take a role in educating the public have gone bust. Now, I have to figure out a way to light a fire under the hiney of someone who actually lives within the city limits of San Antonio in order to get the city to take notice since they are the engine that euthanizes those 50,000 animals every year.

I almost got a turtle today He was crossing the interstate but by the time I got to a safe place to backtrack down the frontage road, he had gone over the side and it was too overgrown for me to want to take a chance of getting bitten by a snake. He got off the interstate...that is good enough I guess.
If I ever see him out there again though, he will come home with me and live here at the pond! There are plenty of dirt dweling worm-like creatures around here to keep a turtle fat & happy!

------------------