Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-01-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

What if your name was Peter Licken Phun, how would you feel when some one asks for your full name, middle included. I would be pretty embarresed if I had a name like that, but how about you, would you take advantage of the name and use it to make yourself some money as a comedian or would you be ashamed of it and live in fear of everybody around you?
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 03-01-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i would've changed it the second i was old enough.AND sued my parents for givin' me that name.lol.it would take a twisted sense of humor to name a kid that.now if the first name had been something else,you know,like poosee.....
Old 03-02-2002, 01:40 AM   #3
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

This is a true story about my school:

There is a kid at my school name Phil McCracken. We recently had a new headmaster, so when the kid gets an award in assembly, the headmaster looked at the teachers behind him as if to say "is this a joke?". The whole school cracked up laughing!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-02-2002, 03:27 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

My mum used to do desktop publishing for a school photographer (putting the names in and stuff) and some of the names would make you wonder what the parents were on when they named their kids eh!
Crystal Clearwater was one that came up and there was this one class that had twins in it - one named Benson the other Hedges! Shane Paine was another. These are all I can remember off the top of my head but believe me, this is the tip of the iceberg.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:56 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I saw this name in the credits of a movie once: Richard Wanker

Now wouldnt that just SLIGHTLY get you payed out at school
Old 03-02-2002, 04:10 AM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

When we were doing a debate, one of my friends was using some statistics about athletes, so he said "Li Ning"...at which point eveyone took it as "leaning"!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-02-2002, 07:18 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
What if your name was Peter Licken Phun, how would you feel when some one asks for your full name, middle included. I would be pretty embarresed if I had a name like that, but how about you, would you take advantage of the name and use it to make yourself some money as a comedian or would you be ashamed of it and live in fear of everybody around you?

...But do you honestly think someone is really called Peter Licken Phun? This is the kind of hypothetical situations that doesn't even make sense... On the other hand, what if someone has about a dozen middle name? That when he/she has to recite their full name, it takes them a minute to introduce themselves?
Old 03-02-2002, 08:52 AM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Theres a lawyer here (I've seen the sign) named Richard Peniston. The nickname for Richard is Dick lol, although somehow I doubt he goes by that
Old 03-02-2002, 09:53 AM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

The consumer Affairs columnist for The Dallas Morning News is Benjamin Dover, I kid you not. Think of the nickname. Also, there is a town in my part of Texas named Forney, and whenever our High School plays them, they do a cheer that refers to their team as the Gators, get it? They are really the Jackrabbits. In my high school class, there were three kids, last name Hawk. I was in English class with Holly. Her brother was Tommy, and her sister was Kitty. I actually have two patients whose names are Bluebird Noble, and Moonshadow Johnson.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-02-2002, 10:31 AM   #10
Moni

I honestly know a couple of guys named Mike Hunt.
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

There was even an older man where I grew up named Harry Buttz and another named Harry Shurtz.

Is this thread appropriate?

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: Moni ]