Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 06:21 PM   #1
Ezekial
The Magister

How can they do this! HOW!!!!!!

How is it possible to put Arwen in more than one scene of the movie, if you stay to the plot of the story?

I KNOW they cannot make the whole book, its understandable, would make it too long and VERY boring as a movie (too much talking, not enough action), but you can't just go and change the characters!!!

AND how can they explain the Barrow Blades if they don't have the barrow scenes?
Old 12-04-2001, 06:45 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Simply because they do not copy the book exactly. Tom Bombadil will be left out for example, and the romance between Aragorn and Arwen will get a lot more attention than it got in the trilogy. On the one hand, it's a shame (we've seen what can become of films BASED on LOTR, haven't we ) but I think this time they may have got it right after all.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 12-04-2001, 07:02 PM   #3
Ezekial
The Magister

I know they don't copy the book exactly (I did say words to that effect), I just can't agree with them changing characters in scenes, thats all.

I have no problem adding stuff in, or missing bits out ('cept maybe the barrow..ONLY the barrow, not even Tom). But you can't change characters in a scene from the book, then call it a recreation of the book..you can only say its BASED on the book, and give it a different title (take Blade Runner for example..its BASED on Do Androids...)
Old 12-04-2001, 07:07 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I've seen many references to a previous LotR movie, but have never seen it myself. Was it a cartoon like the hobbit?
Old 12-04-2001, 07:11 PM   #5
Ezekial
The Magister

Pretty sure there was a cartoon version of LOTR
Old 12-04-2001, 07:12 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I've seen many references to a previous LotR movie, but have never seen it myself. Was it a cartoon like the hobbit?

Yes, and it really sucked. LOL. It was like some bad acid trip.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:23 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I actually liked and still like the "Hobbit". I know some will have a hard time believing that, but I was 10, and it was my first experience with fantasy. I bought the Hobbit and my kids watch it now. Was it as good as the Hobbit?
Old 12-04-2001, 07:25 PM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I actually liked and still like the "Hobbit". I know some will have a hard time believing that, but I was 10, and it was my first experience with fantasy. I bought the Hobbit and my kids watch it now. Was it as good as the Hobbit?

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Hobbit too. It was the Lord of the Rings movie that really sucked. They had acid scenes during their songs and stuff and the animation was really horrible. I think that's why they didn't do a 2 or a 3. LOL.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:35 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

To those worried about the changes in the movie, don't worry! It can never be completely true to the book. Just go to the theater with an open mind, knowing it will be different from the book, while hoping for the same "spirit" as the book.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:42 PM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, I'm not sure about all the changes they may be making, but the trailers look good so far. I am there when it starts up. I think I saw Dec 19th? Not sure. I've been waiting for this for a long time now. Ever since I read the books back in high school back in the mid 80's.