Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 07:46 AM   #11
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by dulouz:
Oh yeah, and Haer'dalis. He is a very cool character. Just not too easy to use. I think if i play through a 3rd time i'm gonna keep him in. I'll play a party of unwanteds...
vicona
jan ... he's pretty odd. i can imagine the conversations with haer'dalis
and maybe that evil dwarf thats getting drunk in the copper coronet.
Why you say unwanted: Viconia and Jan? Jan is favorite NPC for over 50% players here. Viconia is maybe not so popular as Jan but many people use her even in good parties (me for example

Old 10-17-2001, 09:34 AM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:

Haer'Dalis is a freak too. I don't know what a tiefling is, but I don't trust them anyway.
A Tiefling is a half-demon.

Old 10-17-2001, 09:38 AM   #13
Debaser

i'm currently playing BGII through with my human berserker/cleric. i'm trying to use different NPCs than i ever have before and do things all the good way (since this is a good party)...i've been using yoshimo ever since i picked him up in irenicus's dungeon, and he's become a KICKASS thief. too bad i'm going to have to slaughter him when the time comes

i'm using haer'dalis now, never having used him before. the main reason i decided to keep him was that i'm doing the aerie romance and i want the love-triangle plot to come into play because i've never seen it before. he is a damn good character! i don't know why people think he sucks....cast a few defensive mage spells (he can use up to level 6 spells, that rules) and cast an offensive spin, maybe a touch of haste and he'll be destroying shit in no time!!

also, mazzy.....i'm going to keep her through ToB, i decided, as one of my main fighters. she's an pretty damn good character in Shadows (her AC for me right now is -10), but once she gets into ToB and starts getting fighter abilities, she'll arguably be one of the best fighters in the game.

cernd--i still don't feel compelled to use him too much, just because jaheira seems a better choice since she can cover her own ass in melee as well. doesn't mean he's a crappy character...if he suits your party, you could make him a badass.

my point is, you can make any NPC in the whole game a total badass if you really have the desire to do so....none of them "suck", some just have a slower increase in power. especially for all those of you that have ToB, there is no reason why ANY of the NPCs should suck....they will all inevitably amass great great power in their own right.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:27 AM   #14
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Valygar rocks dual-wielding Celery and CorthalaBleeder (almost guaranteed a stun on first swing) - at least 6x backstab by end of game - fine longbow archer - & yes, w/ boots of speed + his high stealth he's excellent for recon

[Haven't tried Mazzy yet but I will since I'd read that she's practically a machine-gun wielding Tansheron's Bow. AND a sexy voice ]
Old 10-18-2001, 09:19 AM   #15
mitsos

If your main character isn't a paladin, then you really should go for Keldorn. He's the only NPC who can use the holy avenger, which is a 2h sword that ROCKS.
Haer'Dalis is a blade, which I consider as the worst Bard class, since he's got half lore value, the one thing that makes bards special. Alright, ha has nice fighter abilities, but then, why don't take Mazzy and leave him behind?

Old 10-18-2001, 07:39 PM   #16
Snitzella
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with mitsos, Keldorn with the holy avenger is a very good combination. In Throne of Bhaal Holy avenger gets even better.Jaheiera is defenatly better than cern. I like Mazzy's personality, I don´t think she is that good a fighter.
Old 10-18-2001, 08:03 PM   #17
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I Like to use minsc with an axe in eaxh had valygar with katana's and scimitars also one in each hand. Basically most characters can be awesome fighters at least if you develop them to fight with a weapon in each hand. some characters can take longer to develop, like druids (cernd), but in the end they can all be awesome depending on how you develop them. i think the tiefling is a good addition to your party as well. Again it just depends on how you develop you NPCs

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark..."
Old 10-18-2001, 08:45 PM   #18
Evil Dead Raven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My Party 2nd time through the game.

Me a Caotic evil swashbuckler.
Viconia is the best cleric and shes evil.
Korgan a bloody hard fighter and evil.
Edwin great spellcaster evil.

and Mazzy is ok so is Haer'dalis, Valygar and Aerie but what lets them down is there not evil.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:25 PM   #19
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I like to use a party consisting of Keldorn, Minsc, Viconia, Jan, and Edwin. I'd say that's one of the best NPC combinations in SoA. Hmm... I know Korgan is good, and Haer'Dalis isn't too bad eaither, but I've never used Valygar or Mazzy. Hmm... I don't like Jaheira or Cernd much, personally.

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 11:32 PM   #20
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Cernd I can live with as long as I give him a range weapon... in fact the only character that I would say is TOTALLY useless is Haer'Dalis, who lacks magic over lvl 4 (at least till ToB) fighting ability over that of Jaheira (which isn't very impressive anyway) and most annoyingly his lore/pickpocketing stink (which is in my opionion the only reason I would ever concider taking a bard).

And just to rub salt in the wound if you have Aerie in your party you will have to duel him to keep the romance going *moron*.