Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ironworks Forum Well, we're still online... could go dead though any day.. IW may be going down.

It looks like IW is going to be going offline, I can't raise enough to keep us going this month--as I said, we would be fine after this Month, but with medical bills, having a car accident we didn't cause just ruined everything.

I've been in major pain for 3 Months now, and its also costing more. They don't know what this 'new' pain is, but its on my side near my stomach. Kidneys are fine, but this pain is making me go nuts. I don't know if I can deal with this much more. Its sapped everything out of me lately, and I hate it.

So I'm getting MORE tests done... I'm sure they won't find out whats wrong as usual.. Just frustrated. Depressed at the moment over this shit......

Anyway, that is why I needed help. If you can help save IWF, please do. I don't want it to end..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Default Re: Well, we're still online... could go dead though any day.. IW may be going down.

sent alittle what i can...

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Well, we're still online... could go dead though any day.. IW may be going down.

One last bump guys.. Looks like this is it.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Wish I could help this time...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

There's always things like Ebay, selling any old electronics you might have like video cards, ram sticks, old hard drives, cameras etc. I remember using it more than once to scrounge up some extra money when I was in a tight spot. I haven't used it in the last few years but from what I see selling has only become simpler. You'd be amazed at what you will find boxed away but perfectly usable for someone else. I used to sell all my old video cards for half the price and remember being plesantly surprised that someone wanted my geforce ti 4600 or my 6600 gt even if I no longer did.

While electronics are pretty easy sellers, other stuff will go too. If all else fails there is always the option of having a garage sale in your own neighbourhood. Even if you live on a small street, people will come for a mosey 'round at least. Worth a shot, eh?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yep, been digging around looking for stuff to sell. (I watch American Pickers and wish I had that gem to find) .

I have all my original DOS games with mint boxes... Wonder if they're worth anything.. I have the collectors edition of Warcraft 3 in that massive black box.. wonder if that would sell.. will check prices!

Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The DOS games- and I am assuming you mean like, the old FR stuff such as Azure Bonds and Hillsfar, do sell but you won't be the first to have them there and may have a hard time shifting them quickly. Still, mint boxes might interest collectors and some such. Do you have Menzoberranzan by chance? I lost my copy years ago - LOVED that game.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I have it, but it's part of the "Forgotten Realms" set I got--had all the goldbox games, EOB's and Menzo (and the ravenloft game I think).. not the single copy. I *DO* have EOB 1,2,3 and most of the goldbox games though..

Pulled out 'Out of this World' (what it was called in the USA) also pulled out 'Stunts' and the first Need For Speed!

And an odd rare game called Fade to Black.. Cool shaped box btw..

Old 11-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
Kezardin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
... and the first Need For Speed!
Classic ! Fond memories of tracks such as Vertigo Ridge and Autumn Valley, and that unlockable turbine car
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #10
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I just threw out all of my old Forgotten Realms games. I didn't know that they were still in demand? They were great games in their time. I spent a lot of time sitting in front of the old Amiga creating maps with my brother. It was hard to throw away all of those memories.