Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I get Sarah a Valentine's Day Gift?
Yes, Lyle, you complete dolt. Get Sarah a gift, and you might make her day. 26 66.67%
No, don't get a gift, because she probably hates Valentine's Day anyway. 12 30.77%
I don't care about you and your problems, Lyle. 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2005, 01:29 AM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

So, of course, when I feel like getting a lot of reasonable opinions I go to the largest group of people who claim to be insane in their spare time that I possibly can...but that's okay...I can deal with that.

The question is involving that dreadful holiday next Monday which many "educated women" claim to disdain...and of course, I can see why they would, but the thing is, I care quite a bit about a certain gal...despite the fact that she and I are not actively romantically involved. I would send her something through the mail, however, if I felt that it would be accepted and would brighten her day...

So, without further longwinded adieu, the poll:

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:58 AM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

It all depends on the person really. What does she like? Do you want to send something that'll give her the hint you want to take it further? All depends bud, the lovely one I'm with would just be happy with a stuffed animal and flowers.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:18 AM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Darnit! Gangrell, you of all people somehow always manage to catch my ambiguity...and you do it LONG before I ever would have.

Okay, so here's the score, and I'll keep the longwindedness out of it (mostly). Sarah is a wonderful gal that I feel like I have a pretty deep connection with, and I would like to drop the hint that I am looking for more, and that I would like said "more" to be her.

The ticklish side is that it would be very difficult for us to see each other...so I don't want to pressure her too much.

Oh, and btw...I'm going to vote for "nobody cares about you and you're problems" on both questions so that I can veiw the results...can't believe I forgot I have to vote to view my poll!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Why would it be difficult for you two to see eachother ?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:31 AM   #5
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Well, I always say you should never give a girl more than she's prepared to give you, whether it's material things or emotional commitment. If you give her a gift, chances are she'll back off from you, since let's face it, Valentine's day is a lover's day, and I think she'll get pretty caught up in the whole connotation of it. That's often a pretty intimidating thing. I think you two would be better off talking more, spending more time together, and letting something happen of its own accord further down the road. But it's your judgement call. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 02:33 AM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
Darnit! Gangrell, you of all people somehow always manage to catch my ambiguity...and you do it LONG before I ever would have.
What can I say? It's a gift

I don't know for sure, but without making it too obvious, I would send a stuffed puppy with a card (Hallmark, preferably [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) or note attached to the collar. What it'll say is up to you, but try and find something that'll send her the hint you're looking for.

Just out of curiousity, how far apart are you two, exactly?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:35 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i reckon if your not fully sure about the relationship thing.. give her a safe gift like chocolates or flowers (not red but white, which i think is a sign of friendship).. [img]smile.gif[/img] gudluk!

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 AM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I'm disappointed that you didn't vote the way I did, Alex...

[ 02-08-2005, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:22 AM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

I wouldn't give her a present as such, give her the gift of you. Anything else would be dodgy, and putting pressure on her IMO.

You don't want to come over as a stalker now.

Definately send her flowers or something, just don't buy her a Diamond Ring or necklace or something [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] .
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:29 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

Definately send her flowers or something, just don't buy her a Diamond Ring or necklace or something [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] .
What he said, its no embarressment for you or her to get her choclates. Tickets to a movie are good too. She will feel obliged to take you with her

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote