Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 11:23 AM   #11
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I didn't want to put too many roles for each character because then they wouldn't quiet be a team. It would turn out to be more of a solo game with one character beating all the characters up. I like it better when it has a ton of team work, that way one character doesn't dominate over the others.

The reason that I waited so long was because i was working on my monks identifying skill. Saves a lot of money.

BTW, just a question that I had, where do you need to go to get the Samurai's quest completed (just for later reference).

DeathDragon
Once you see a Death Dragon
It's already to late
DeathDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 01:19 AM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, DeathDragon, by the end of the game, it's likely that each character will have had at least five or six roles. Common paths for me are:

Warrior/barbarian/ranger/paladin/warlock/ninja/samurai/elite
Wizard/warlock/samurai/ranger/paladin/ninja/elite

and so on. Actually, I can't remember my last paths; usually, everyone hits almost every class [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the Samurai quest, you need to find the samurai graveyard on the east side of Shurugeon Castle. Be warned -- as you head over there, you will be greeted by the nastiest salads that Martha Stewart ever served a guest. Check the best tips thread for suggestions on handling them (mantraps, they be called) and remember -- they WILL hunt you down...

Your opening party sounds good to me, BTW. I wouldn't reset your game on this one just yet -- the first time through a game, I like to play it as it falls, with all my "learning experiences" built in. Later, you can replay it to see how different it can be. And it can be different... says a solo zenmaster.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 06:03 PM   #13
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Bungleau for the advice. I met the mantraps quiet a few times (not nice critters). I'm thinking of just running my way through and changing whatever my next time through (just like ya said). I'm going to work on the Samurai quest later on though. Is it good to create a party pure of humans? I was thinking about that for sometime now and just wanted a little input.

DeathDragon
If you see a Death Dragon
It's already to late
Old 07-25-2002, 06:10 PM   #14
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes you can play an all human party. You would loose some nice traits though. The elves quick learner which allow them to climb levels faster, the pixie dodge trait which is excellent, the oomphaz mana seed which regenerates spell points at twice the rate. Such small things. It´s really up to you to experiment with it.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:29 PM   #15
So So
Zhentarim Guard

i have read somewhere that if you have a barbarian later in the game when you have already trained a little in most of the schools of magic, you can gain extra mana points...... dont kno if its true or not cuz i haven't tried it yet but i think someone in this forum should kno the answer......
Old 07-25-2002, 11:37 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're welcome, DeathDragon. Just remember: free advice is always worth what you paid for it :]

As for your all-human party, go right ahead. That's part of the beauty of W&W -- lots of combinations, and every one of 'em right.

From my own side, I like to add a couple of specific races:

A rattling as the character who will be opening chests and such. A little gold-digging never hurt anyone [img]smile.gif[/img]

A Felpurr for that night vision ability. While it's like a low torchlight, it does help.

A gourkh for the bloodscent ability. While Scout is much better at high levels, it's kind of nice at the start. Actually, scratch that; it doesn't much matter, since it's successful fairly infrequently.

But play the way you've got it and the way you want it. There are no wrong answers...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 06:28 AM   #17
Radek
Red Dragon

To SoSo. Every class starts getting extra mana at level 50 or so.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:21 PM   #18
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It sounds much better to make a party of varied races. If it wasnt for the special traits, then a full human party would be really good.

That's what I like about W&W, no matter what kind of party you create, it will work (Although some need much more work in them than others).

Free advice is always good, because its free [img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img] I'm thinking of creating a pure melee group the second time with Samurai's, Ninja's, Paladin's, and maybe 1 Barbarian.
DeathDragon<br />************************************************* *********************<br />Once you see a Death Dragon<br />It\'s already to late<br />************************************************* *********************