Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to the Board Kev!!!

Normally there is a search function, however it's been causing the server to crash lately. So it's been turned off till they get some new software.

Try looking in the BEST TIPS thread. There's alot of good info there.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:39 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Let me add my "Welcome to the board, Kev!!!"

There is a wealth of information to be found here but it is so difficult to locate it without that search function. Hopefully, Ziroc will get it working again soon!
The Best Tips thread should be helpful, just as Packrat suggested.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Packrat & Wyvern. I have been to the hints page & have learnt a lot. That selling arrows at the bushi dojo has really made my game fly. My kids are complaining that they cant get near the computer.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:22 AM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Too bad you can't use the gold to buy them their own puter...lol
Old 07-14-2002, 08:26 AM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

They normally have priority for homework & research but it is school holidays so its mine all mine. They can use the playstation.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:01 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

That´s the spirit Kev!! Now if only that worked with my daughter, lol [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] . Can I have the exact words you told your kids? I might try those.. lol
Old 07-14-2002, 01:09 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

Almost makes me want to start a thread on the number of computers in each of our posters' households and what battles take place over who gets to use it!

What a difference from 20 years ago!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:41 AM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

WillowIX, I emailed your hotmail with my exact words to the kids. It might be considered swearing in North America, not in Australia.
Wyvern, I used to have an old Amiga that I played all my AD&D games on but when someone bought me Baldurs gate I packed it up & gave my kids the monitor for their Playstation. If you give them another option it is easier to kick them off the computer.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:11 PM   #9
morningstar
The Magister

Hi Kev,
You thought it a good idea giving the kids the monitor for their games! Well wait until you get a surround system! Nothing is ever good enough. When I got my new Digital TV the kids now overlook the old TV for the new BIG one with the surround on it. The computer goes, the TV & surround goes along with the OMPF music. It nearly drives one mad. So I had to make times for everyone to have a go which works??? Most of the time...cough cough! Then come the Groans when poor old me wants the computer. "When are you getting off!!!" The answer WHEN I'M ABLE TO SAVE...... That one is a beauty and get me really cheezed off and red in the face tooooo. All I can say is Good Luck!
Old 07-20-2002, 01:07 PM   #10
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Morningstar, make sure you know how to play the kids games so that when you look at the screen they cant pull a swifty on you. If the kids are on, I give them a time to get off that coinsides with when I'm finished doing what I'm doing. I have they same problem with the music, even when the kids aren't home my wife plays their cd's. I think she does it to get me out of the house & working outside where I belong.